Sales – Pre-Sales - EMEA
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is an enterprise open source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information.
Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. Headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK.
For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
As a Solutions Engineer, you'll participate in the full range of pre-sales activities from lead qualification to vendor selection by prospective customers. While the core of the role is typically presenting and demonstrating products, SA's/SE's are also responsible for working with various sales reps to ensure.
Project stakeholders buy into Alfresco
All business drivers are clearly understood and satisfied (e.g. by demos)
Technical approvers indicate / recommend Alfresco
Any competition has been boxed out
The Pre-Sales Team is proactive, adaptable to change, flexible, and doesn't possess an ego. They have a "we win as a team" mentality and believe in a work/life balance. As a part of the Pre-Sales team and reporting to a senior leader within the sales organization.
You will be responsible for
- Supporting our driven and motivated Sales Reps through discovery calls, virtual or live product demonstrations, presentations, proofs of concept, and integration with partner products
- Answering customer inquiries concerning system software and applications, and providing software development and consultation to prospective users
- Contributing to the achievement of regional and team booking targets as defined by the VP of Sales, Americas
- Strategizing with our Sales Reps on how to best work together to ensure Alfresco's success
- Building and presenting the Business and Technical value around Alfresco solutions for our customers.
- Evangelizing our cloud ready platform with customers
Your Keys to your Success are...
- Experience with Amazon Web Services cloud computing concepts
- Prior experience as part of an Enterprise Software Sales team and knowledge on how to drive and shape a typical sales cycle
- You’re a solutionist who is technically resourceful with grit & tenacity, who wants to learn and is coachable
- Experience building customized solutions around Content Services (ECM) and Process Services (Automation/improvement AKA BPM)
- Prior Pre-Sales experience with senior level leadership customers, such a C-Level and below
- Prior experience building relationships with technical contacts and possessing excellent communication/presentation/white boarding skills in person and over the phone
- BA/BS College Degree in engineering, computer science or technology preferred
Your Technical Abilities...
- AWS knowledge with the following: Regions, EC2/AMI's, EBS Volumes, Aurora, ELB, Auto Scaling, Bastion, S3, CloudFormation, Glacier, IAM, Lambda, Dynamo DB & More
- Docker, Vagrant, VMWare & AWS virtualization solutions
- Managing Java applications and architecture (finding log files, digging out errors, configuring database connections, etc.)
- Understanding and working knowledge of Microservices Architecture
- Understanding and working knowledge of Angular 2 or related UX framework (Angular, REACT, etc.)
- Linux and Windows administration (installing products, diagnosing issues, configuring product and service startups, ports, security, etc.)
- Web application development experience (HTML5, DOM, jQuery, YUI, etc.)
- HTML / CSS authoring, modification, tweaking
- Database experience with common platforms (installation, simple debugging, creating users, etc.)
- Application development concepts and exposure (building/deploying EAR/WAR files, source code management, etc.)
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition or disability status.