Staff Software Engineer, Architect Governance Services
Engineering – Engineering
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is an enterprise open source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information.
Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. Headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK.
For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
The Alfresco Platform Engineering team owns the development of solutions for the Alfresco Digital Business Platform. These solutions include products which allow our customers to manage enterprise content and processes, provide intelligence and analytics for these content and processes, and manage compliance through information governance. We're the leading open-source provider of these capabilities, and we're looking to add a hands-on Architect to our team to develop the architectural vision for information governance in a platform.
You will join a self-organised agile delivery team with a culture of excellent collaboration, team-work and cross-skilling. You will work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment where success is about the effective delivery of quality software solutions by the team as a whole.
What you'll learn and do
- You will be a technical leader in a cross-functional agile engineering team, using Scrum, XP and Lean software development practices
- Define, communicate, and measure fitness-for-purpose for the current and future architecture for governance in our Digital Business Platform
- Work closely with other Architects, Chief Architect, Engineers, Product Managers and Product Owners to develop the Digital Business Platform
- Be part of the Architect group, defining and evolving principles for making architecture, tooling, development and design choices
- Play a key role in the early phases of product development, producing draft architecture designs and sizing requirements
- You will be a hands-on Architect, expected to spend at least 50% of your time writing code and participating in the delivery activities of the team
- We will expect you to write well designed and clean code, proactively identifying and eliminating technical debt
- Help the team improve through code reviews, refactoring and by developing new practices and tooling.
- Collaborate with teams and engineers around the world
- Learn about AWS, the Alfresco platform, and software development practices from your talented colleagues, by attending conferences or through formal training programs
- Play an active role in the Alfresco community
What you'll bring
- You will be a hands-on Architect, with experience of writing and delivering high quality scalable software
- Ability to design, document and reason about software and system design and architecture
- Ability to influence engineers, product managers and product owners to prioritise the evolution of the system architecture
- Experience of designing systems and components to operate at scale
- A desire to work in a team environment with an understanding of Scrum or XP practices
- An ability to get stuff done, driven to see your team succeed
What we offer
- Flexible working conditions, including the ability to work remotely as necessary, and an opportunity to work the way you do best. Paid time off to support the community.
- Rewarding technical challenges, working on products that are used by some of the largest organisations in the world to manage billions of their most sensitive documents.
- Personal development opportunities, with the potential to learn from your fantastic colleagues, support for personal training, and conference attendance.
- Good office facilities, in the centre of Maidenhead, within short walking distance from the station. For those that drive, there’s reimbursed car parking.
- Competitive salary, equity, health-care plans, and generous leave allowances
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition or disability status.