Senior Software Engineer - Search and Analytics
Engineering – Engineering
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is an enterprise open source software company focused on advancing the flow of digital business. The company provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform is used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information.
Alfresco helps over 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Bank of NY Mellon, Capital One, US Department of Navy, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its U.S. Headquarters in San Mateo, California, and European headquarters in Maidenhead, UK.
For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
The Alfresco Search and Discovery team are responsible for building products and solutions which allow our customers to gain real insights from their content and business processes. Built on top of the open-source Solr project, our search engine gives customers the power to find the content they need efficiently and accurately, and ultimately makes their business flow.
The team is also responsible for our new insights and analytics platform, which gives the power of intelligence and insights via a simple and intuitive programmatic interface. We are looking for engineers to join our Search and Discovery team to help us develop the next generation of content and process analytics, insights and discovery and work with us as we discover how machine learning and AI will change the way our customers operate.
You will join a self-organised agile delivery team with a culture of team-work, excellent collaboration and a commitment to open source. You will work in a collaborative, team-orientated environment where success is about the effective delivery of quality software solutions by the team as a whole.
What you'll learn and do
- Be part of a cross-functional agile engineering team, using Scrum, XP and Lean software development practices
- Build new products and features for the Digital Business Platform, and in particular, help define and develop the future of Analytics, Insights and Discovery at Alfresco
- Write well designed and clean code, proactively identifying and eliminating technical debt
- Develop test automation at unit, integration and functional level to help ensure the quality of the features and applications developed
- Help the team improve, through code reviews, refactoring and developing new practices and tooling
- Collaborate with teams and engineers around the world, both within Alfresco and in the wider open source community
- Learn about AWS, the Alfresco Platform, and Software Development practices from your talented colleagues, attending conferences or formal training programs
- Experience building scalable web applications or services using Java and Spring, alongside experience of search technologies, such as ElasticSearch, Solr or Lucene
- An interest in machine learning or artificial intelligence, or a willingness to learn more in these areas
- A test first approach to development, with experience of testing frameworks and tooling such as JUnit, TestNG and RestAssured
- An understanding of the requirements of building cloud-native applications, following principles such as the 12-factor app
- A desire to work in a term environment with an understanding of Scrum or XP practices and a preference for Continuous Delivery
- An ability to get stuff done, driven to see your team succeed
- A passion to learn new technologies, tools and development practices
Alfresco is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, military status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, medical condition or disability status.