Atlanta | New York | San Francisco /
Customer Care – Solutions Architect /
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Algolia is leading the way in removing the frictional boundary between intent and content, providing industry grade search and discovery tools to drive richer, more powerful engagement and success capabilities to companies of all sizes. In this endeavor, we seek passionate and industrious Solutions Architects ready to join a hyper-growth business to drive technical success in product implementation and adoption.
Solutions Architects are chartered with driving technical success and adoption of our most strategic enterprise customers. The Algolia product is a powerful platform, but it is the implementation that propels the highest customer outcomes. Solutions Architects take responsibility in owning Algolia solution patterns and consultation as trusted advisors to the enterprise customer base.
The Solutions Architect team is also a key driver in the creation and prioritization of the core product roadmap, enabling and ensuring our valued customers successfully leverage Algolia. Prototyping, developing and sharing unique tailored solutions via workshops and collateral - both internally and externally - helps both Algolia, and the depth of your own solution mastery.
A key responsibility will be to lead, evaluate and contribute to our customer’s design efforts and advising customers on topics including vision, strategy and best practices for deployment of Algolia products, increasing adoption of Algolia products, and metrics for measuring the effectiveness of Algolia product deployments.
An ideal background includes previous experience in a development and consulting role. The candidate is a seasoned professional with strong technical and business architecture experience to support the full Algolia product scope. Excellent relationship skills and the ability to partner across customer business units, other internal business units, and product teams will be critical to support delivery of expected outcomes
THE ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Be a Trusted Advisor; engage with our customers’ technical architects and business stakeholders to provide high-quality technical solutions and product training to drive successful customer outcomes
- Link business processes with product technical solutions
- Execute delivery methodology to drive projects to completion on time and on budget
- Troubleshoot key customer implementation issues and demonstrate ability to drive successful resolution
- Prototype and catalog new solutions to fit business pain points
- Consult on architecture, indexing, searching, and UI best practices
- Expand relationship and product usage within the enterprise segment
- Engage in customer calls and on-site visits to help inform and align on product roadmaps for future partnership growth
- Aid in the development of detailed action plan, roadmap, prototype, final recommendation document, SM Action Plan and Retrospective
- Partner with Success Management and Engagement Manager and other internal roles to understand project goals and deliverables
- Create and increase reusability of solutions content (blog posts, workshop tutorials, etc), tooling, and internal projects
- Build out tooling and/or collateral to help scale customer engagement
- Inform and ultimately evolve product ecosystem by listening and advocating for customers technical needs
- Work with Engineering to track and resolve feature requests and bugs
- Meet with Product to stay informed on the latest changes to Algolia ecosystem and disseminate internally and to customers as appropriate
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Polished consulting skills
- Keen awareness of sensitive client topics
- Capability to tactfully navigate and effectively address client messaging and recommendations
- 2+ years professional experience as a full-stack web developer
- Proficient in a backend framework (i.e. node, Rails, Django, etc.)
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with Senior Executives and technical and non-technical team members
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on project management of large and small initiatives
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high-level of attention to detail
- Ability to quickly define dependencies, issues, and outline mitigation plans against risks
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively to both the technology and business communities
- Consistent history of business-building successes and passion for results
NICE TO HAVE:
- Backend/frontend mobile development
- Analytics, A/B testing
- Familiarity in relevant verticalsE-commerce/SaaS/Media
- Project management experience
- Experience within search domain and search-as-a-service companies
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Charitable contribution matching
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Catered lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Workout Wednesdays w/ personal trainer
- Bi-monthly meditation sessions