Technical Support Engineer - US (APAC TimeZone)
US | Remote | Pacific /
Revenue – Services & Support /
*Note: This is NOT a Desktop support/IT position. This role will be required to work APAC time zone 2 PM - 11 PM PT*
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Algolia was built to help users deliver an intuitive search-as-you-type experience on their websites and mobile apps. We provide a search API used by thousands of customers in more than 100 countries. Billions of search queries are answered every month thanks to the code we push every day into production.
The Technical Support Engineer is a critical role at Algolia. This role is on the front-lines of our company and is often the first person customers contact when they are experiencing problems with our products or services. We're looking for a Technical Support Engineer to assist our technical customers with implementing and supporting Algolia in a variety of web and mobile development technical stacks. This could mean helping a developer trying to build the next big thing in their garage, or Fortune 500 companies (like Medium, Twitch from Amazon, LVMH, ...) focused on providing a world-class experience to their millions of users.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will partner with the customer success, product and engineering teams. We have a hands-on culture, and expect you to roll up your sleeves and get to work solving difficult problems that stand in the way of our customers being successful.
Your Role Will Consist Of:
- Handle product and technical requests via phone, web, and email support channels.
- Effectively troubleshoot and properly document customer’s support issues.
- Provide customers with regular updates regarding their support tickets.
- Conduct professional and empathetic conversations with customers to gather information, troubleshoot, and resolve their technical obstacles.
- Submit software bug reports to the Engineering team for problems needing attention.
- Partner with Product Teams and Engineering to develop subject matter expertise and serve as a product expert to the rest of the support team.
- Contribute to internal and external knowledge bases
- 3-6 years of experience in Technical Support, supporting SaaS enterprise software.
- Experience with REST API, database management, and web development technologies.
- Strong desire to help people solve problems with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a broad audience
- Ability to handle and prioritize a portfolio of tickets at various stages of resolution.
- Effective communication skills across channels (phone, email, & chat), demonstrating compassion and empathy towards customers.
- Algolia operates a 24/7 support center, ability to work weekends and holidays as needed may be required.
Nice to have:
- Basic familiarity with iOS & Android platforms.
- Experience supporting open-source projects & their GitHub communities.
- Working in a 24/7 contact center environment
- Experience with Shopify, Magento, and Salesforce.com a plus
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive pay and equity
- Charitable contribution matching
- Company Provided Equipment