Expert Services & Partner Engineer - US
The Algolia Expert Services & Partner Engineering team occupies a unique space as a key enabler of our strategic and most complex clients, in addition to playing a vital role in growing our partner network of systems integrators and digital agencies. As an Expert Services & Partner Engineer, your job will require not only technical mastery of Algolia's suite of offerings, but also the ability to disseminate this knowledge externally. You will be responsible for directly implementing your solutions into our client's platforms and working hands on with their development teams, while simultaneously empowering our partners to be able to build similar solutions in the future. This is a highly autonomous role in which no one day will be the same as the last.
Coming right from Emily: "As an Expert Services & Partner Engineer, I get the opportunity to not only accelerate my technical learning (thanks to the wide variety of platforms our clients use!) but also have a direct impact on both our client's business but also their end customers."
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Work directly with strategic clients to help them achieve their goals through development of solutions you craft
- Act as a technical engagement manager throughout a project to ensure the client receives clear and timely communications and understands expectations
- Help collaborate with our Sales team to build Expert Services engagements that meet the needs of both the prospect as well as Algolia, and provide assistance scoping and framing these engagements both for potential clients and partners
- Enable partners to be successful by guiding them through the implementation process, performing on-site trainings, and encouraging them to become certified
- Act as the technical counterpart to our Partner Executives: join calls, help answer technical questions during the partner discovery phase, and craft services strategies
- Provide meaningful feedback to our internal product team based on the needs of your clients and partners
- Contribute to processes, documentation, and tooling to ensure the team can scale efficiently
A typical morning for Emily looks like: "There really is no typical morning! On some days I may be heads down coding, while on others I might be on a call sharing a solution I've architected with a client."
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 2+ years professional experience as a web developer
- Prior experience in a client-facing role
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- Ability to travel
NICE TO HAVE:
- Prior experience working for a digital agency or systems integrator
- Knowledge of UX / UI design and an understanding of common tools (Sketch, Photoshop, etc.)
- Background in the search industry
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid parental leave
- Relocation support
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, headphones, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours