Junior Software engineer - Dashboard Squad
Engineering – Web /
Algolia is looking for a junior back-end or full-stack software engineer to join the Web Chapter, working on the customer-facing Algolia Dashboard, whose mission is to empower technical and business users to create, configure and maintain the perfect search experience for their users from a frictionless web dashboard. Some projects we’ve released recently include a completely redesigned version of the signup process, a granular email notification unsubscription feature or an API allowing partners to provision accounts.
At Algolia, we spell Culture with a capital ‘C’. That’s why as a candidate you should value & practice transparency, take ownership, have the humility to acknowledge your weaknesses and continuously strive to grow both professionally and personally.
If you're a problem solver, able to think outside the box and eager to work on a project with a strong product focus, then this is your challenge!
In your day to day, you will:
- Work closely with your squad members (product manager, software engineers) to fix bugs, refactor & improve the performance of existing features or build new APIs
- Collaborate with other software engineers in the chapter to contribute to the team's own developer experience – for instance by working on our CI platform
You might be a fit if you have:
- Experience working with an MVC framework (e.g. Rails, Django)
- Rigor in high code quality and other engineering best practices
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE UP TO OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours