Software Engineer - Crawler
Algolia is a perfect fit for structured data and we expect our users to send us their data via our REST API. While this works in many cases, there are a lot situations where our users cannot send us their data via an API call (example: static websites). We also find ourselves frequently creating small crawling scripts or custom solutions like DocSearch. We believe there's a better way to tackle all those missing opportunities. We are building a reusable, configurable and highly scalable web crawler from scratch.
You will be part of a small team willing to broaden the scope of "search" at Algolia, and will be supported by two experienced developers, ready to help you to grow and to work with you as a team to go a step further in this project. If you want to find a place where you can learn and have a huge impact at the same time, this job is made for you!
- Contribute to the crawler Node.js code along with designers and product managers
- Build a state of the art, scalable & robust API controlling this crawler
- Build a top-of-the-class admin and user UI
- Integrate APIs like Google Analytics, both 3rd party and internal
- Communicate with users and understand their pain points
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Willing to learn and to grow within a team
- Great oral and written communication in English