Demo Engineering Internship - US Remote
Atlanta | New York | San Francisco | Remote /
Revenue – Solutions Engineer /
Algolia is leading the way in removing the frictional boundary between intent and content, providing industry grade search and discovery tools to drive richer, more powerful engagement and success capabilities to companies of all sizes.
In this endeavour, we are seeking passionate and industrious Demo Engineers ready to join a hyper-growth business and market to help evangelise and drive technical success with our solutions.
Demo Engineers sit within the Pre-sales Solutions Engineering Organisation who work cross functionally in a dynamic team environment with Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering. Demo Engineers are responsible for augmenting the efforts of the Solutions Engineers by translating requirements and prototyping innovative demo solutions in support of key opportunities, as well as leveraging the assets created into reusable tools across the company.
In short, you will work directly with solutions engineers and sales to build demos that wow our customers. This role offers candidates the opportunity to develop custom apps & integrations with many platforms including web, mobile and smart home devices.
Your work will be showcased in all our documentation, industry events, webinars and marketing campaigns. You will gain exposure to a variety of use cases and learn how to position the product in a pre-sales environment. This role allows the candidate to gain transferable skills that will benefit a career in Field Engineering (Solutions Engineer, Architecture, Expert Services) Product, Engineering, Sales and more.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Working with the Solutions Engineers to implement storyboards based on strategic prospect goals into demonstrations and solutions that showcase the differentiated capabilities of Algolia.
- Augment the sales team to provide prospects high quality demos to drive successful business outcomes and help developers understand what is technically possible with Algolia
- Prototype and catalog technical content (ie. demos and code snippets) to show customers how to implement search best practice
- Design, experiment and build creative solutions for search and discovery on web, mobile and smart home devices
- Build solutions using the tools and frameworks in the Algolia ecosystem in short timeline
- Continuously learn, stay on top of industry trends and contribute to thought leadership in the Search and Discovery space
- Serve as a technical resource for our global field engineering team
- Be a key team member on helping to close strategic deals and drive new revenue
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Front end experience
- Design development experience or passion
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work/thrive in a rapidly changing revenue-generation environment
- Great oral and written communication in English
- Experience designing mockups / wireframes / UI using tools like Photoshop, SketchApp
- Mobile programming experience
- Internship agreement with your school/university
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How a search engine works
- How to be an expert in implementing Algolia
- How search relevance works
- How a sales organization is structured
- Client-facing dynamics: how to hold meeting, how to pitch, how to listen
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.