Senior Software Engineer - Ruby / JS
Paris | London | Remote /
Engineering – Web /
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
You will join the Web Chapter, working on the customer-facing Algolia Dashboard, whose mission is to empower technical and business users to create, configure and maintain the perfect search experience for their users from a frictionless web dashboard. Some projects we’ve released recently include a granular email notification unsubscription feature, a new public API allowing partners to provision Algolia accounts, or a completely redesigned version of the signup process.
At Algolia, we spell Culture with a capital ‘C’. That’s why as a candidate you should value & practice transparency, take ownership, have the humility to acknowledge your weaknesses and continuously strive to grow both professionally and personally.
If you're a problem solver, able to think outside the box and eager to work on a project with a strong a product focus, then this is your challenge!
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Design, architecture & implement API and/or frontend features
- Build clean, reusable and scalable code or libraries
- Share your experiencing designing and operating secure, scalable, and delightful products
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required
- Willingness to share ownership of the project and its code with all members
- Willingness to work closely with all relevant stakeholders (e.g. Product Management, Product Design, Growth)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with working in a very fast-paced and continuously changing environment
- Experience of AWS or another cloud service provider
- Experience of working on architecture with thousands of customers
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it.
- Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off policy