Infrastructure Operations - Technician
Since the early days, Algolia has been running hybrid infrastructure largely based on bare metal servers. This approach gives Algolia complete control over the performance of the system but also brings challenges in automation, maintenance and provisioning. With its rapid growth, Algolia's infrastructure is doubling every year and what used to be a handful servers in 1 datacenter is now almost 2000 servers across 17 regions and 70+ data centers. All that without compromise of security or availability.
There will be more servers, more data centers and more regions. Are up for the challenge? As a member of the Infrastructure Operations team you’ll work on scaling, optimising and maintaining our worldwide infrastructure. Your main customer is going to be our Foundation squad of SREs taking care of the production platform powering our Search API.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Grow and maintain Algolia's worldwide infrastructure
- Test new pre-production hardware
- Develop and maintain infrastructure automation systems
- Provision new infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues and outages related to the infrastructure
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 1+ years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of server hardware
- Knowledge of Shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Understanding of computer networks: TCP/IP, DNS
- Full professional English proficiency
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours