Full-Stack Software Engineer
Algolia is looking for a full-stack engineer with a growth mindset who will play a key role on projects to help scale and accelerate acquisition and activation for our business. You will be helping the team define and implement growth loops and improvements as well as work with Product, Data, and Sales in order to have an impact.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to help a company like Algolia drive scalable, consistent and measurable growth. We’re looking for someone passionate and keen on sharing knowledge internally about growth experimentations and methodologies in SaaS. You’ll be working closely with Raymond, Mathieu as part of the Self-Service eXperience team, but also with a lot of other talented individuals.
Your position will also lead you to work closely with a lot of different teams inside of Algolia, ranging from Engineering to Marketing to Sales.
We’re looking for someone that seeks to move the needle on key business goals via experimentation and measurement . That’s why as a candidate you should value & practice transparency, take ownership, have the humility to acknowledge your weaknesses and continuously strive to grow both professionally and personally.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Understanding the Algolia platform, and suggest initiatives that will improve acquisition & retention of new & existing users.
- Scope, implement and maintain technical solutions in multiple codebases working closely with other teams such as the website and dashboard teams in order to implement solutions that fit into the existing codebases.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF:
- You have 5 years of experience with HTML, JS and CSS at least
- You have rigor in high code quality and other engineering best practices
- You have experience in discovering and contributing to existing code bases
- Experience with a scripting language such as Ruby or Python (knowledge of Rails is a plus)
- Experience with React (knowledge of Redux & MobX is a plus)
- Experience with Analytics tools is appreciated (Segment, Amplitude)
- Strong interest in growth marketing and awareness of the latest trends on the web
- Ability to make independent decisions and taking ownership for them
- Great oral and written communication in English
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours