Senior Software Engineer Distributed Systems/Go
Engineering – Search /
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Providing a first-class Search experience at scale is a challenging endeavor: users expect finding, in the blink of an eye, highly relevant items with little to no effort. The core Algolia's offering, relies on a rock-solid Search engine, whose efficiency, configurability and stability made the fame of Algolia.
This engine is called to support an amount of data several orders of magnitude larger than what it currently handles. Today, the engine needs you to make it scale further, and to make it faster, smarter, more powerful.
The team is composed of engineers with different backgrounds and experience both in the industry and academia. Your experience, your knowledge and your perspective will add to this diversity, and help the team deliver products that make a difference.
- Be a key contributor to the design, development, and ultimately operation of the Search engine system at scale
- Be responsible of the quality, soundness of the system
- Share your expertise on distributed systems
- Work with other teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve high impact issues.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience designing and operating distributed systems in production
- Experience working with large datasets and high traffic
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in Go
- Experience in Kubernetes
- Sensitivity to Site Reliability Engineering
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, headphones, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours