Software Engineer - Magento
Engineering – Integrations /
At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
We want to make the implementation of Algolia as smooth and easy as possible for developers. In this context, we're looking for a Software Engineer to help us fundamentally change the way developers are implementing search in Magento platforms. Your main goal is to design, architecture & implement improvements to our integration of Algolia to Magento 1 and Magento 2. We want you to build a state of the art library used by millions of customers using our search engine. You'll join an existing team of 4 people who value quality, interdependence and ownership.
At Algolia, we spell Culture with a capital ‘C’. That’s why as a candidate you should value & practice transparency, take ownership, have the humility to acknowledge your weaknesses and continuously strive to grow both professionally and personally.
If you're problem solver, able to think outside the box and eager to work on a project with a strong a product focus, then this is your challenge!
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Design, architecture & implement Algolia integration for Magento platforms
- Deliver clean & scalable code
- Help our users in customizing our service to fit their needs
- Partner with the other teams to provide a unique on-boarding and support experience
- Contribute to open-source projects and provide them the unique Algolia search experience
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 3+ years of programming experience in Magento development
- Experience with delivering Magento 1 and Magento 2 extensions
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Will to share ownership of the project and its code with all members
- Great oral and written communication in English
- Experience of a cloud service provider would be appreciated
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, headphones, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours