Senior Game Developer - Live Games - REMOTE
Game Production & Operations – Game Development /
THE BEST TIME TO JOIN ALICTUS
Having joined forces with SciPlay, Alictus is now stronger than ever and ready to take on the new challenges in this new era of mobile gaming!
We're proud to bring together some of the most "crazy enough" people in the industry to make amazing hits played by millions whole over the world.
Simply put, we are on a mission to become one of the most influential gaming companies in the world. And we're already making waves, reaching millions of new players every single day!
With hits like Fade Master 3D, Candy Challenge 3D, Boss Life 3D, Rob Master 3D, Deep Clean Inc. 3D, Oh God!, Money Buster!, Collect Cubes! We have topped the charts in the United States and all over the world!
Over the years, Alictus has evolved and positioned itself to pursue bigger goals and take on new challenges. And each time, we've succeeded in those transformations. Now that we've joined forces with SciPlay, we're embarking on an exciting new journey to build what we call 'Casual-Hyper' games.
It's a crucial step towards our long-term vision of shaping the future of gaming by reimagining how games are made. If you're passionate about creating games that people will love for years to come, thrive on fast-paced environment, and are excited to work with us towards the "crazy enough" idea of "shortening the delivery of such games from months to minutes," then there's no better time to join Alictus!
So come on board and let's work together to create something amazing. We can't wait to see what we'll achieve together!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE HERE
Alictus takes pride in its culture, where creative freedom is at the center, and provides a unique opportunity for talented people to unlock their potential.
We breathe games, eat technology, and drink entertainment. We love thinking about and discussing such matters because of our natural curiosity. We are creators. We take pride in our creativity shining through our everyday work. And we make noise with our work.
You will have a lot of independence and the opportunity to have the most impact on your job. You will own and be accountable for what you do, but that does not mean you will be alone, you will be working with a team that seeks excellence every day. We win as a team, all together; so collaboration and communication are in our DNA. We will trust you to do what is best for Alictus, even when you disagree.
At Alictus, we live by those values.
BEING A GAME DEVELOPMENT TEAM MEMBER IN ALICTUS
As a Game Development Team member, you will be working closely with Art, Product, and Engineering teams. You will be responsible for the prototyping, maintenance, and improvements of current and upcoming games under many titles. You will be a part of originating new hit games as well as creating and improving those games.
What you will do day in and day out;
- Write bug-free, readable, and sustainable code
- Develop exceptionally smooth gameplay experiences including core gameplay, game controller, and UI interactions; or be able to do modifications for bringing the game to that state
- Collaborate with your co-workers, in the meaning of both information and work
- Take full ownership of the game, come up with improvement ideas, and implement them through a solid A/B testing strategy
What do we expect from you?
- Being passionate about hyper-casual and casual games; highly interested in finding trends, gameplay, and game mechanics
- Entrepreneurial mindset, high level of self-motivation, and a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to distinguish must-have vs nice-to-have with ruthless prioritization
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being a great team player when required
- Ability to work quickly & efficiently with a high understanding of what matters
- Commitment to quality on-time execution
Technologies and Concepts commonly used;
- C# Language
- Git version control (on SourceTree)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or in any equivalent department
- At least 3 years of professional work experience using Unity3D
- Enough familiarity with C# & .NET to program in Unity for gameplay and editor
- At least basic grade Git version control knowledge, and being able to use one of the Interfacing Application (SourceTree, GitHub Desktop, ... etc.)
- English skills
- Native programming knowledge in iOS and/or Android
- Being worked at the client side on a project that has both a client-side frontend and a server-side backend.
- Shader programming knowledge (HLSL)
- Reverse engineering skills
- Track record of successful mobile games or tens of unsuccessful prototypes with an understanding of what didn't work out
- Skills to optimize game performance
- Entrepreneurial experience or startup experience
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Get paid in USD currency & Competitive compensation package (of course!)
- Monthly Sodexo to cover all food expenses,
- Objective-based generous bonus plan,
- Private health insurance
- Fully transparent company,
- Strong work & team culture empowering autonomy, self-discipline, and personal growth,
- Knowledgeable and fun team giving each other feedback on a regular basis,
- Resourceful company unlocking the potential to reach highly ambitious and challenging goals,
- Opportunity to benefit from being part of a growing company with a mission to be one of the leaders in its industry.
Where you work is up to you. Now and always. Alictus is a remote-first company with the availability of offices by choice after the pandemic. Today we have team members in Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara, Manisa, Antalya, Muğla, Tekirdağ, Çanakkale, Bursa, Gaziantep, Aydın, Kayseri, and Munich.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, a case study, and a video call with our hiring managers and founders. Our Founders are very much involved in the recruitment process, that is why they will also meet candidates as a last step.