Financial Controlling Manager - REMOTE
Corporate – Business Strategy and Finance /
Proudly an Endeavor company, Alictus is bringing crazy enough people with bold ideas to achieve ambitious goals. Simply put, we are on a mission to become one of the most influential gaming companies in the world, already reaching millions of new players every day!
We’ve had a number of hit games reaching #1 position in the United States and all over the world like Candy Challenge 3D, Boss Life 3D, Rob Master 3D, Deep Clean Inc. 3D, Oh God!, Money Buster! and Collect Cubes.
In Alictus, you will find highly talented individuals from various backgrounds, working at their best to become a better version of themselves everyday. If you feel like you are one of us, this is the chance!
About The Role:
The role is responsible for providing oversight, guidance, and support for various accounting and finance areas including, but not limited to: US GAAP and statutory accounting and internal control oversight, accounts receivable and accounts payable oversight, insurance and risk management, tax and compliance, acquisition integration, and procurement. Reporting to the Director of Accounting at our United States based parent Company, SciPlay, the role requires an individual with the mentality for continuous improvement to processes and ways of working. They should also have the desire to fully understand the business and be a value added partner to all business stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directing the daily operations of the Turkey accounting team including purchase-to-pay, payroll, and order-to-cash, record-to-report cycles;
- Managing and overseeing the monthly close process and related reporting;
- Lead an Oracle implementation for Turkey;
- Providing analytical and reporting support to organizational leaders;
- Ensuring integrity of financial statements and compliance with all internal controls and regulatory requirements;
- Mentoring and coaching accounting team members;
- Monitoring and reporting on cash requirements;
- Responding to audit requests;
- Proposing and implementing approved process changes to drive automation and scalability;
- Supporting acquisition integration;
- Partering with financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, and compliance functions to ensure efficiency and compliane;
- Creating, reviewing, and maintaining audit support;
- Maintain local insurance policies in accordance with Scientific Games and SciPlay policies, as well as lease and other contractual terms;
- Serve as primary contact regarding insurance requirements and tasks;
- Serve as primary contact regarding Turkish taxes to all stakeholders, including Light & Wonder, SciPlay, and Turkish tax authorities;
- Coordinate reporting requirements to the Light & Wonder tax team and Turkish tax authorities;
- Coordinate statutory and local tax audit activities (income, deductions, VAT, withholding, etc.);
- Negotiate tax assessments, as needed;
- Participate in the development and review of local tax strategy; and
- Assist with development and M&A diligence, as needed;
- Full professional proficiency in English and Turkish languages;
- Exceptional accounting and analytical skills, through knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Turkish statutory requirements;
- Excellent people skills enabling continued support, motivation and development of the team in a dynamic, fast moving environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior management to effect positive change;
- Demonstrated ability to focus on procedure and process change;
- Experience with Hyperion, Oracle, Business Objects, Blackline or other accounting and reporting tools;
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills;
- Thorough knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley 404 requirements;
- Highest ethical standards and leadership qualities;
- Ability to work collaboratively in group situations;
- Desire and ability to work within tight timeframes and meet reporting deadlines;
- Ability to gain trust at the highest levels of the organization;
- Proactively highlights and progresses solutions for issues identified;
- Proactive approach to developing and enhancing systems and processes; and
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes. May also include international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field, required
- Master’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field, preferred
- Turkish CPA required, United States CPA preferred
- 8+ years experience in accounting required, with at least 4 years in a management/leadership role preferably within a U.S. controlled company structure
- 2- 3 yrs public accounting experience strongly preferred
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Competitive compensation package (of course!)
- Monthly Sodexo to cover all food expenses,
- Objective based generous bonus plan,
- Fully transparent company,
- Strong work & team culture empowering autonomy, self-discipline and personal growth,
- Knowledgeable and fun team giving each other feedback on a regular basis,
- Resourceful company unlocking potential to reach highly ambitious and challenging goals ,
- Opportunity to benefit from being part of a growing company with a mission to be one of the leaders in its industry.
Where you work is up to you. Now and always. Alictus is a remote-first company with availability of offices by choice after pandemic. Today we have team members in Istanbul, Izmir, Ankara, Manisa, Antalya, Muğla, Tekirdağ, Çanakkale, Bursa, Gaziantep, Aydın, Kayseri and Munich.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, a case study and, video call with Hiring Managers and Founders. Our Founders are very much involved in the recruitment process, that is why they will also meet candidates as a last step.