R&D – Cloud Engineering /
Alida believes in a world where customers are respected as the ultimate source of truth. Because knowing the whole truth about your customers—even the parts that are hard to hear—can help companies make better decisions that drive long-term customer loyalty and growth.
That’s why Alida created its Total Experience Management Platform; a comprehensive CX solution powered by a highly-engaged, verified, always-on community of your most engaged customers that fuels sustainable business impact.
With Alida, innovative companies like HBOMax, Adobe, Lululemon and LinkedIn can anticipate their customers' ever-evolving needs to make better decisions, build long-term relationships, and grow businesses that stand the test of time.
Over 176 million people globally have used Alida's Total Experience platform to inform over 60,000 customer experiences initiatives.
Join us on our mission to put truth into action at www.alida.com and @alidaTXM.
Are you interested in improving the security of a Cloud-based SaaS application?
This may be the job for you!
The Security Engineer role is a cross functional role helping our Development, Cloud and Security teams to secure our SaaS application. This role will work within the Engineering Team to prioritize and implement solutions to improve our platform’s security and respond to security issues if they arise.
- Develop and implement information security strategies to ensure the protection of the organization's assets and data.
- Conduct security assessments and penetration testing on various applications to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Implement and manage our SAST and DAST scanning tools.
- Triage security defects and vulnerabilities Participate in software risk analysis
- Collaborate with the development team to integrate security measures into the software development lifecycle.
- Ensure compliance with industry-standard security frameworks, such as OWASP, NIST, and ISO 27001Monitor security threats and implement appropriate countermeasures to mitigate risks.
- Provide training and guidance to software developers on secure coding practices.
- Stay up to date with the latest security trends and technologies and evaluate their potential impact on the organization.
- Respond to security incidents and lead investigations to determine the root cause and recommend remediation steps.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders to ensure a thorough understanding of the organization's security posture.
- Engage with Engineering and Cloud teams to evangelize security best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in application security, including experience in threat modeling, vulnerability assessments, and secure coding practices
- Strong understanding of web application security, network security, and secure software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of industry-standard security frameworks, such as OWASP, NIST, and ISO 27001.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with audit, privacy and compliance frameworks (e.g. SOC2, ISO 27001, HIPAA)
- Experience with web application security topics (e.g. CORS, SAML) Relevant security certifications
- Development experience in .NET C#, NodesJS and/or Go
- Bachelor of Computer Science/Engineering Degree or equivalent
The Good Stuff:
+ Amazing growth and learning opportunities with a fast-growing Canadian SaaS company that is a world leader in its industry
+ Best-in-class benefits for you and your family
+ Paid vacation with extra personal days and flexible work environment
+ Great work-life balance with a focus on employee wellness
+ Recognized as a Great Place to Work® based on a 93% employee satisfaction rating
+ Collaborative, heartfelt team culture and winner of Comparably’s “Best Product & Design Teams Award" and “2020 Best Company Culture Award”
We Can’t Wait to Meet You!
We couldn't do what we do without our awesome Lider's and look forward to welcoming you to our Alida family. Join us and let's make a difference together.
We understand that applying for a new position takes effort and want to thank you in advance for taking the time to introduce yourself.
At Alida, we’re dedicated to fostering an environment where our employees feel heard, valued and included.
We believe that a diverse team is a core pillar in building better products and services for our global customers and we strongly encourage applications from all people regardless of race, religion, gender, age, disability status or sexual orientation. Even if you don't meet every single one of the stated requirements but you are excited about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you anyway. Our Talent Acquisition team will review your application for this role, and others we may have open now or in the future.
Follow us at www.alida.com and engage with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Alida has an accommodation process in place to provide reasonable accommodation to employees, and to qualified job applicants with a disability during the hiring process. If you require accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place.
Alida takes your private information seriously. Review our Candidate Privacy Statement here to understand how we use and protect your personal information.