New York /
Join the core team of Alkymi, a NYC enterprise software startup with a mission to free data from email and documents with machine learning to automate manual work. We're building the first data inbox for enterprises that understands complex documents using computer vision and natural language programming paired with a human feedback loop for business users. Read more about us on our blog at https://alkymi.io/news/ and watch this short video https://alkymi.io/news/alkymi-presents-at-fintech-innovation-lab-demo-day/. The team behind Alkymi has industry experience from Bloomberg, Two Sigma, and x.ai, and the company is backed by world-class investors and raised a $5M series seed in February 2020.
As a DevOps Engineer at Alkymi, you’ll be working closely with the engineering and data science teams to improve our continuous integration and deployment pipelines and build automated packaging of our application for on-site deployment onto our enterprise customers infrastructure. You’ll build upon a GitOps workflow deployed onto Kubernetes running on AWS and machine learning pipelines deployed onto AWS SageMaker and Kubernetes.
Alkymi’s office is located near Union Square in Manhattan, New York City. We are all working fully remote for the remainder of 2020 and into 2021.
. AWS Machine Learning blog post. https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/machine-learning/end-document-drudgery-with-alkymis-aws-powered-automated-data-entry-and-document-insights/
Your Day to Day
- Develop tooling to improve engineer productivity through better Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) processes.
- Monitor production deployments through Datadog and issue triaging.
- Participate in daily scrum stand-up meetings and weekly sprint demos.
- Extensive knowledge of *nix-based operating systems with familiarity of Debian / Ubuntu, Fedora, and BSD-based distributions.
- Familiarity with building and deploying containers on Kubernetes or similar container orchestration systems.
- Experience automating infrastructure deployment with tools like Terraform.
- Experience building virtual machines (VMs) with tools like Vagrant.
- Familiar with git, shell scripts, supervisord,
- Experience with managing infrastructure deployed onto AWS.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL and Redis.
- RabbitMQ experience is a plus.