Senior Backend Engineer
New York /
Join the core team of Alkymi, a NYC enterprise software startup with a mission to automate manual workflows with machine learning. We're building the first enterprise platform that understands complex documents using computer vision and natural language programming paired with a human feedback loop. Read more about us from our featured AWS Machine Learning blog post  and on our website at https://www.alkymi.io.
Alkymi’s office is located near Union Square in Manhattan, New York City.
. AWS Machine Learning blog post. https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/machine-learning/end-document-drudgery-with-alkymis-aws-powered-automated-data-entry-and-document-insights/
- You're a driven, motivated leader. Be an important contributor to our best practices and engineering culture.
- You're an expert in writing Python code, developing Django web applications, and building Celery-based pipelines.
- You have familiarity with data science libraries like Pandas (or have a passion to learn!).
- Experience designing backend APIs and messaging queue-based architectures.
- JVM / Java / Kotlin experience is a plus. We have several microservices written in these languages.
- Interest in contributing to our DevOps tools and processes.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional, technical team of frontend engineers, data scientists, and product managers to build the backend foundation of Alkymi.
- Work closely with the CTO to design and develop the architecture of the Alkymi platform.
- Establish best practices for backend and data engineering through guild meetings and developer documentation.
- Contribute to Python code written using the Django, Django Rest Framework (DRF) and Celery frameworks.
- Work with a modern tech stack and thoughtful DevOps processes. We use a GitOp-based development workflow with Continuous Integration through Kubernetes, Github, and CircleCI. Automated deployments to our staging environment and end-to-end tests are trigger on every merge across our repositories.