Senior Backend Engineer
At Alkymi, we’re creating products to give everyday business users the power to control the unstructured document data that fuels their business. We believe in giving the same professionals who manually handle document and email data today powerful tools to supercharge their workflows, while allowing them to seamlessly apply their human intelligence where it’s needed most. By doing this, we’re letting our users create a Data Action Layer to power products, deliver outcomes, and generate insights.
Founded in 2017 in New York City, Alkymi works with some of the world’s leading businesses and financial services firms to automate their highest-impact workflows by delivering an unparalleled product experience. We’re laser focused on understanding our customers’ workflows from top to bottom, and building easy-to-use, powerful, tools to meet their objectives. We combine cutting edge data science and machine learning with best-in-class software engineering to delight our users at some of the world’s most demanding and sophisticated businesses.
As we continue to scale, we're seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our core Engineering team to help us deliver our best-in-class solutions to our customers globally. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you'll be a key part of our software development lifecycle (SDLC). The Senior Backend Engineer will work in close collaboration with the Product and Data Science teams to build new features, improve underlying data processing pipelines, and design and work closely with the CTO to implement highly scalable and highly available components that power Alkymi Data Inbox.
The Alkymi engineering team values a strong DevOps culture. You'll work in a codebase that's automated with a GitOps and Continuous Integration and Deployment pipeline (CI/CD) in Github Actions. Once a pull request is reviewed and merged, the feature is automatically deployed onto our staging Kubernetes environment for immediate QA testing. Our environments are monitored through Datadog with alerts and monitors consolidated in Slack. Our engineering teams hold regular guild meetings to examine and identify improvements to our software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- You're a driven, motivated, curious engineer.
- You're an expert in writing Python and and have built applications using Django.
- You proficient at writing highly distributed, scalable code using asynchronous message-queued based frameworks like Celery or Dramatiq.
- You have experience in designing and implementing scalable REST APIs and familiarity with REST API and HTTP conventions.
- You have experience with PostgreSQL with a proficiency in SQL and the Django ORM.
- You have experience working in AWS and an understanding of networking policies, conventions, and challenges that arise in a modern SaaS platform.
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Redis, Kafka, and Kubernetes experience is a plus.
- Experience with a JVM-based language like Java, Scala, or Kotlin is a plus.
- Have a degree in BS, MS and/or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent field.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional, technical team of Frontend Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Managers to implement new APIs, data pipelines, microservices that power Alkymi Data Inbox.
- Establish best practices through guild meetings and developer documentation.
- Contribute to Python code written using the Django, Django Rest Framework (DRF) and the Celery and Dramatiq frameworks for asynchronous processing.
- As part of our two week sprint cycles, you'll be involved in scoping features into smaller stories and tasks through feature discovery, implementation, and code reviews.
Alkymi is creating the data action layer by turning unstructured data into actions. Its product-first approach makes it easy for non-technical users to automate operational workflows for the first time. Leading organizations deploy Alkymi to accelerate decision-making, improve customer satisfaction and empower employees to focus on high-value, rewarding work.
Alkymi was founded in 2017 in New York City by a founding team from Bloomberg, Two Sigma, and x.ai with backing from Intel Capital, Canaan, Work-Bench, SimCorp, and industry insiders.
Salary Range: $160,000 - $190,000 annually + Equity + Fully Paid Company benefits + 401k + Unlimited PTO
The above compensation referenced represents the expected salary for this career opportunity and is based on Alkymi's good faith belief at the time of posting. Ultimately, in determining your compensation, we'll consider multiple factors including your geographic location, professional experience, market conditions and education/training/skill level.