Sensor Systems Engineer
San Francisco /
Hardware – Hardware Engineering /
As the Sensor Systems Engineer for all.health's wearable consumer health products, you will Lead the specification, architecture, design, development and validation of new sensor design and system integration.
- Good understanding of non-invasive sensors used to capture biological signals and relevant experience with clinically relevant sensors
- Lead end to end biosensors development from concept to benchtop to product integration - Optical sensors, Bioimpedance and IMU sensors and build the highest quality products to map the all.health vision
- Design new sensor architecture and develop modular, low-power systems consisting of analog, digital sections and RF that meet or exceed signal noise ratio targets
- Hand-on person to be able to build prototypes, debug and validate early sensor design in sub-system and full system form factor
- Design, build and bring up bench top testing for Sensor characterization such optical bench set up, impedance, temperature testing and implement robust testing environment
- Develop embedded SW and Algorithms specializing in signal processing, machine learning, bio-signal sensing and activity recognition
- Develop rigorous test protocols to test, tune and validate sensor systems to ensure medical grade performance from JH system and devices
- Develop criteria to evaluate and qualify discrete sensors components, SoC components and technologies for inclusion in product development
- Data analysis, signal processing, machine learning and programming experience in software ex. MATLAB, Python, Labview, C etc.
- Manage and/or coordinate with a diverse set of cross-site technical contributors, including internal teams, the factory, sub-contractors and vendors to successfully transition the system into engineering design which can be produced in high volume.
- 8+ years of strong system engineering experience building low power sensor systems, preferable wearable with at least 2 in mass production
- Prior experience building power and cost optimized miniature systems with digital, Analog, RF and optical sections
- Experience with managing noise and signal integrity is must
- Experience in various kinds of sensor design, bring up, testing and validation is must
- Experience with embedded software and algorithm development is highly desirable
- Prior experience with Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE, Wifi, Antenna design for high/low data communication is good to have.
- Expert at schematics, layout and DFx of complex system designs
- Prior experience with flex circuits preferred
- Prior experience with taking hardware systems through qualification and certification processes preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in EE or related discipline
- Experience in medical device design and manufacturing is a plus
all.health has developed a comprehensive preventative and proactive healthcare platform that combines clinical-grade sensors, machine learning, patient histories, insurance claims data, and other information to provide real-time at-risk screening for several disease conditions; these include acute respiratory infections such as COVID-19, and chronic conditions such as hypertension and diabetes. Contextualized 24/7 data along with clinician input and interventions will then be used to guide positive behavior changes. The premise is to catch various health conditions early and help reverse or manage the negative effects.