Senior Systems Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Hardware – Hardware Engineering /
As the Senior Systems Engineer for all.health's wearable consumer health products, you will Lead the specification, architecture, design, development and validation of new sensor design and system integration.
- Good understanding of non-invasive sensors used to capture biological signals and relevant experience with clinically relevant sensors
- Lead end to end biosensors development from concept to benchtop to product integration - Optical sensors, Bioimpedance and IMU sensors and build the highest quality products to map the all.health vision
- Design new sensor architecture and develop modular, low-power systems consisting of analog, digital sections and RF that meet or exceed signal noise ratio targets
- Hand-on person to be able to build prototypes, debug and validate early sensor design in sub-system and full system form factor
- Design, build and bring up bench top testing for Sensor characterization such optical bench set up, impedance, temperature testing and implement robust testing environment
- Develop embedded SW and Algorithms specializing in signal processing, machine learning, bio-signal sensing and activity recognition
- Develop rigorous test protocols to test, tune and validate sensor systems to ensure medical grade performance from JH system and devices
- Develop criteria to evaluate and qualify discrete sensors components, SoC components and technologies for inclusion in product development
- Data analysis, signal processing, machine learning and programming experience in software ex. MATLAB, Python, Labview, C etc.
- Manage and/or coordinate with a diverse set of cross-site technical contributors, including internal teams, the factory, sub-contractors and vendors to successfully transition the system into engineering design which can be produced in high volume.
- 8+ years of strong system engineering experience building low power sensor systems, preferable wearable with at least 2 in mass production
- Prior experience building power and cost optimized miniature systems with digital, Analog, RF and optical sections
- Experience with managing noise and signal integrity is must
- Experience in various kinds of sensor design, bring up, testing and validation is must
- Experience with embedded software and algorithm development is highly desirable
- Prior experience with Bluetooth, Bluetooth LE, Wifi, Antenna design for high/low data communication is good to have.
- Expert at schematics, layout and DFx of complex system designs
- Prior experience with flex circuits preferred
- Prior experience with taking hardware systems through qualification and certification processes preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in EE or related discipline
- Experience in medical device design and manufacturing is a plus