Senior Backend Engineer
San Francisco /
Software – Web Development /
As a Software Engineer on all.health’s backend team, you will be responsible for bringing all.health’s unique product vision by building a scalable platform. You will collaborate closely with our product, design, operations and other backend development teams to define, develop, and deliver scalable and robust applications that are deeply integrated components providing a rich user experience we strive to create for each of our products.
At all.health, software platform plays a vital role in today’s mobile lifestyle. We believe we can create groundbreaking systems and experiences that incorporate beautifully crafted software solutions with our innovative mobile and wearable devices.
If you enjoy problem solving with a small, creative and dedicated team in a fast-paced environment, have a deep love for technology, and are passionate about building new and innovative products and applications that will change the way people live, we want you to help us deliver on this vision.
Location: San Francisco is the first choice, though we have a distributed team so remote candidates will be seriously considered.
- Design and develop all.health's backend services in a small, collaborative team environment, with a strong focus on usability, quality, scalability and performance
- Work closely with the product team to integrate mobile and web applications
- Collaborate with the product and other engineering teams to make our applications scalable, performant, and insightful to use
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Java or other JVM-based languages preferred
- 5+ years of experience delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through planning and scoping to implementation
- Proven software architecture experience, patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Solid understanding of designing APIs, high volume data pipelines
- Proven experience with building scalable services, and using distributed technologies
- Passion for writing clean, maintainable, and testable code
- Strong understanding of performance analysis and optimization techniques
- Excellent programming and computer science fundamentals, and a deep love for technology
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills coupled with a resourceful, can-do attitude
- Outstanding attention to detail