Senior Android Engineer
San Francisco /
Software – Mobile Development /
As a Software Engineer on all.health’s Android team, you will be responsible for bringing all.health’s unique vision for mobile and wearable technology to life on the Android platform. You will collaborate closely with our product, design, and backend development teams to define, develop, and deliver Android applications that are deeply integrated components of the rich user experience we strive to create for each of our products.
At all.health, software platform plays a vital role in today’s mobile lifestyle. We believe we can create groundbreaking systems and experiences that incorporate beautifully crafted software solutions with our innovative mobile and wearable devices.
If you enjoy problem solving with a small, creative and dedicated team in a fast-paced environment, have a deep love for technology, and are passionate about building new and innovative products and applications that will change the way people live, we want you to help us deliver on this vision.
Location: San Francisco is the first choice, though we have a distributed team so remote candidates will be seriously considered.
- Design and develop all.health's Android applications in a small, collaborative team environment, with a strong focus on usability, quality and performance
- Work closely with the platform team to integrate all.health Android applications with our backend services
- Collaborate with the product and design teams to make our applications useful, beautiful, and fun to use
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience developing complex Android applications that make use of networking, databases, background services and Bluetooth libraries
- Extensive experience developing User Interfaces for mobile applications
- Solid understanding of multithreading best practices
- Solid experience shipping one or more Kotlin or Java Android apps
- Solid development experience with RXJava2, Android LiveData, android data bindings, android navigation component, android view models, communication via BLE protocol
- Significant experience interacting with and/or designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Proven software architecture experience. Passion for writing clean, maintainable, and testable code at both the UI and system levels
- Strong understanding of performance analysis and optimization techniques
- Excellent programming and computer science fundamentals, and a deep love for technology
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills coupled with a resourceful, can-do attitude
- Outstanding attention to detail