San Francisco /
Software – Infrastructure Engineering /
The Software Infrastructure team is responsible for developing and delivering secure, scalable, highly-available services that support all of all.health's technology and services. In addition to supporting millions of user devices streaming data into our systems, we also run massive-scale systems used to power all.health's unique insight system and the machine learning and big data analytics platforms used to test and develop our next generation of algorithms and devices.
The DevOps Engineering Manager reports to the Head of Software and is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable engineers in the Software Organization in the areas of Cloud Infrastructure and Developer Productivity. They will be leading projects in these areas and participating in implementation. They will mentor engineers in DevOps, build a DevOps culture and be influential across the rest of the Engineering Department.
Location: San Francisco is the first choice, though we have a distributed team so remote candidates will be seriously considered.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience - supporting production cloud infrastructure (Preferred experience with Azure) and software development toolsets and processes.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux-based Server Operating Systems, including shell scripting (BASH or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience mentoring engineers in DevOps disciplines of Cloud Infrastructure, and Developer Productivity.
- 2+ years of experience with Infrastructure-as-Code and Configuration-as-Code (Terraform/CloudFormation/etc and Puppet/Chef/etc)
- Strong understanding of web service fundamentals, such as HTTP/S, SSL/TLS, TCP/UDP, caching, DNS, Security and load balancing.P
- Database performance tuning and high-availability experience.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to conduct RCAs.
- Ability to be a role model for team and cross-functional collaboration, demonstrating professionalism by example and empathy for other functional groups within the business.
- Experience using agile methodologies to plan and track project work.
- Experience working collaboratively with software engineers on web-apps, leveraging your familiarity with MVC frameworks, build pipelines, and deployment strategies.
- Expert knowledge of monitoring systems including host/OS metrics, logging, and web application performance, using SaaS products such as DataDog, StackDriver, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate project plans and progress with stakeholders across the business, including experience producing technical documentation.
Additional experience that would be positive to have:
- Production Docker and Kubernetes experience.
- Production experience with MS Azure.
- Experience with HIPAA and HITRUST compliance.
- Experience implementing Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools (NewRelic, DataDog APM, AppDynamics, etc).
- Experience deploying Continuous Deployment solutions for high-velocity development teams.
- Experience deploying Machine Learning models, or infrastructure for ML Training.
- Experience managing development tooling and workflows for mobile (iOS/Android) development.
all.health has developed a comprehensive preventative and proactive healthcare platform that combines clinical-grade sensors, machine learning, patient histories, insurance claims data, and other information to provide real-time at-risk screening for several disease conditions; these include acute respiratory infections such as COVID-19, and chronic conditions such as hypertension and diabetes. Contextualized 24/7 data along with clinician input and interventions will then be used to guide positive behavior changes. The premise is to catch various health conditions early and help reverse or manage the negative effects.