Customer Service Agent
Clearwater, FL /
Stations – Customer Service / Ramp Agents /
This position is responsible for providing customer service to all customers, including scheduled or charter services. Customer Service agents must be attentive to the customer's needs, politely handling their inquiries promptly, and completing the required transactions per company policy and procedures.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Years of Experience: Minimum one (1) year experience Customer Service experience.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work efficiently under time constraints.
• Must be available to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and long hours during irregular operations.
• Must be well groomed and adhere to the dress code policy.
• Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
• Able to attend required training.
• Strong computer skills and ability to use general office equipment.
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
• TRAINEE STATUS: Upon offer of employment, you will remain in trainee status until successful completion of all practical and written curriculum.
• The ideal candidate must be people oriented, highly motivated with a positive and friendly attitude.
• Process tickets, check baggage, monitor carry-on baggage for size and quantity, and assign seats.
• Provide information on arrival and departure times, boarding procedures, carry-on regulations, and seat assignments.
• Handle denied boarding situations, solicit volunteers, re-accommodate customers and provide hotel, meal, and taxi vouchers when appropriate Ensure compliance with FAA, Allegiant Air and airport regulations.
• Enforce safety/security measures and monitor sensitive safety zones.
• Assist Customers with special needs, i.e., Customers who need assistance in boarding Ad hoc assignments as requested by the Lead or Supervisor Complete required reports Meets arriving flights at baggage carousel to ensure proper handling of bags.
• Monitors baggage carousel for unclaimed baggage.
• Stores unclaimed bags in Baggage Service Office until claimed or turned over to System Baggage Services.
• Handles delayed baggage issues, ensuring a written report is completed and follows up with customers until the bag is located, or the file is sent to Systems Baggage Services.
• Inform customers of Allegiant Air policies and procedures, re: lost, damaged, or replacement baggage and pilferage claims.
• Provides consequential expenses to applicable customers when there is a delayed bag.
• Ensure delivery of baggage to the affected customer for late arriving or miss-loaded bags.
• Follow-up with customers regarding lost baggage, replacement of damaged bags, car seats, strollers, etc.
• Trace loaner wheelchairs, car seats, etc.
• Track replaced, damaged, and miss-loaded baggage Assists with lost and found articles.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Airport Agent - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb and use hands and fingers to operate various types of tools and equipment (i.e. hand trucks, carts, ramps, tugs, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 300 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to heights, small spaces, extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to crawl in and out of small spaces for extended periods of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant Travel Company is a government contractor and has more than 100 employees. To comply with the Safer Federal Workforce COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, all team members must be fully vaccinated with an FDA approved COVID-19 vaccination by December 8, 2021 in order to remain employed by Allegiant Travel company and all related subsidiaries. Proof of vaccination will be required. Requests for medical and religious exemptions will be considered with substantiating documentation.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see Allegiant.com/careers
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.