Base Maintenance Manager II - $10,000.00 Sign on bonus!
Las Vegas, NV /
Maintenance – Line MX /
Supervises and oversees that all maintenance performed on company aircraft is performed correctly per applicable standards regulations. Ensures facility is maintained in compliance with company and OSHA regulations. Assist the Manager of Base in managing the Maintenance operations.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Details: Engineering, Aviation Management, or related field preferred. Associate's Degree with FAA A&P License will be considered.
Certification Details: Airframe & Powerplant License required.
Years of Experience: Minimum ten (10) years of A&P on similar aircraft, with a minimum of eight (8) years supervisory/management experience required.
Unexpired Driver's License: Yes
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
• Must possess the required tools.
• Able to work both in a team setting and individually.
• Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a stressful environment.
• Must be able to communicate in an effective, calm and professional manner at all times.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates at all levels of the organization.
• Supervises mechanics in overall maintenance operation, including performing preventive maintenance, repair, modifications and other maintenance of aircraft, components and related equipment in compliance with 14 CFR, manufactures specifications, the GMM, Company policy and procedures as well as other methods accepted by the FAA and OSHA.
• Plans and priorities work, which includes prioritizing, directing, laying out and coordinating activities so as to minimize delays, increase production and efficiency, and to assure timely delivery of aircraft.
• Supports other maintenance base operations by taking into account Company-wide interests.
• Determines job standards, tests personnel productivity, safety habits and workmanship.
• Trains and assists mechanics in proper procedures, methods and practices to be followed in each respective duty. Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of the OJT program.
• Supervises the mechanics in the handling and operation of shop equipment, ground equipment, vehicles, fuel dispensing equipment and tools to assure equipment is used safely and kept in serviceable condition.
• Insures OSHA/safety guidelines are followed. Proves safety training as required.
• Ensures adherence to material handling and control procedures as outlined in the GMM and by the equipment manufacturers. Coordinates with Materials team to ensure required materials arrive as needed.
• Provides timely and accurate information on aircraft status. Communicates accurately to Maintenance Control the status of aircraft serviceability and readiness.
• Oversees the completion of shift turnover reports in accordance with the GMM. Conducts shift meetings, briefings and participates in management meetings.
• Ensures all departmental internal company forms, maintenance records documents, work orders, manual revision compliance, etc. is completed accurately. Monitors and updates timekeeping and payroll entry on a timely basis. Investigates pay issues.
• Understands, communicates and enforces company policies and procedures. Recommends changes to GMM to eliminate conflicts and/or enhance operational effectiveness.
• Coordinates with human resources for questions/issues with leaves of absence, compensation, benefits EAP, etc.
• May coordinate with vendors (building maintenance, uniform, janitorial, etc.) to ensure that all work and services are provided in a timely manner.
• Screens, interviews and makes recommendations for hiring potential employees. Coaches and provides leadership, direction, motivation and supervision of direct reports. Appraises performance, provides performance feedback, takes corrective actions and oversees training and development of staff.
• Fosters the Company’s core values and culture throughout the work environment.
• Ensure any direct reports understand and apply our Customer Commitment and customer service standards to their daily responsibilities, as appropriate.
• Model Allegiant’s customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned or required.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Mechanic - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb, and use hands and fingers to operate various tools (i.e. drills, ladders, welding, chemicals, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant requires all team members to complete a record in Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool. Team Members may opt to provide records documenting their fully vaccinated status or agree to comply with weekly COVID-19 testing and reporting. Requests for medical and religious exemptions for those who cannot be vaccinated will be considered with substantiating documentation.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.