Austin, TX /
Maintenance – Line MX /
Maintenance Technicians are FAA certified Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) who perform direct maintenance in accordance with Allegiant Air Continuous Aircraft Maintenance Program (CAMP).
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Certification Details: Airframe & Powerplant Certification (A&P)
Years of Experience: Minimum two (2) years of experience in aircraft maintenance for a Part 121, 135, or 145 environment.
Other Minimum Requirements: Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Effective Communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Outlook email.
• Technicians working on aircraft, components or related parts of aircraft are responsible to perform work outlined on applicable work forms in accordance with Allegiant Air policies and procedures, manufacturer’s manuals and FAA requirements.
• Overhaul, maintenance and repair of air frame components, power plants, aircraft communication, navigation equipment and associated components in accordance with Allegiant Air manuals, manufacturer’s manuals, bulletins and orders.
• Ensure that the appropriate tag is attached to all parts removed from an aircraft in accordance with Allegiant Air policy.
• The Technician, in performing his or her duties is required to be constantly alert for defective, worn or failed parts as well as safe working conditions.
• Proper execution of an Airworthiness Release.
• Responsible to sign for accomplishment of work on applicable work forms and records.
• A Technician, when qualified, may be required to perform the duties of Inspector in accordance with the Inspector job classification as described in the manual.
• Responsible to keep the work area in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
• Will be assigned to such housekeeping duties as policing his or her work and/or repair area as well as maintenance of company property.
• Process all necessary paperwork as mandated by regulation.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Mechanic - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb, and use hands and fingers to operate various tools (i.e. drills, ladders, welding, chemicals, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 300 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant requires all team members to complete a record in Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool. Team Members may opt to provide records documenting their fully vaccinated status or agree to comply with weekly COVID-19 testing and reporting. Requests for medical and religious exemptions for those who cannot be vaccinated will be considered with substantiating documentation.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Hourly rate $30.13
The starting wage is in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Full Time Benefits:
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/ Disability Insurance
401K with an employer match
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Paid vacation, holidays and sick time