Maintenance Technician Team Lead
Alcoa, TN /
Maintenance – Line MX /
The Maintenance Team Leader is an “Aircraft Technician” who leads other Technicians in their day-today maintenance duties. This position is expected to perform the duties of a Maintenance Technician; assume the duties of the Maintenance Supervisor, as assigned, when the Supervisor is absent.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
• A & P license
• Engine Run & Taxi (ERT)
• Airworthiness Release (AWR)
• SOJT - Train the trainer (SOJT-TtT)
Years of Experience:
Minimum two (2) years aircraft heavy line maintenance experience required.
Valid/Unexpired Driver's License
Other Minimum Requirements:
• Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
• Must hold ERT, AWR, and SOJT-TtT qualifications.
• Effective Communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Outlook email.
• Laying out and assuming control of quality and quantity of work assignments.
• Review the log book for each RON or idle (3 hours or more) aircraft at the base for open write-ups
and currency of the Service Check.
• See that work is performed in a safe manner and in accordance with company policy, manufacturers’
manuals and FAA requirements.
• Coordinate work and jobs in progress with oncoming mechanics during shift change.
• Ensure that paperwork, tags, etc., are properly filled out and signed, including tags for parts removed
• Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
• Give on the job training instructions and information on job procedures, safety and good work
• Keep ERT, AWR and SOJT-TtT certifications current.
• Keep the Maintenance Supervisor advised of problems that could result in work delays.
• Take necessary action to ensure that maintenance personnel in his or her group are qualified to accomplish the duties assigned to them.
• Efficiently utilize manpower, making possible adjustments in methods and perfection of procedures
to provide continuous improvement in efficiency and increase of production.
• Endeavor to increase his or her own knowledge by studying of technical material and study guides
provided for that purpose.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Mechanic - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb, and use hands and fingers to operate various tools (i.e. drills, ladders, welding, chemicals, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some
travel may be a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National Mandate
Allegiant requires new team members to complete a record in Allegiant’s Vaccination Tracking Tool within 48 hours of receiving the notification via company email immediately after being hired. New hires may opt to provide records documenting their fully vaccinated status or agree to alternative means of compliance with the federal vaccination mandate. Requests for medical and religious exemptions for those who cannot be vaccinated will be considered with substantiating documentation. More information will be provided immediately after hire on how to record your vaccination status in our Vaccination Tracking Tool.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged