Component Repairs Analyst
Las Vegas, NV /
Procurement – MX Purchasing /
Measure vendor performance: identify trends, monitor cycle times, calculate yield (cost and quality), etc. Identify performance gaps, determine causal factors, and develop and implement effective solutions that extract value for the company. Manage the process flow associated with the overhaul maintenance of the company’s off-wing aircraft parts and sub-assemblies. Oversee the generation of repair orders, then monitor and expedite (as required) those repair orders. Act as the primary interface, externally, with repair vendors and, internally, with the Materials, Maintenance & Engineering, IT, and Accounting. Manage the company’s component repair programs.
Visa Sponsorship Available: Yes
A combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Business; Familiarity with engineering, finance, accounting, and statistics desirable.
Years of Experience:
Minimum one (1) year of relevant work experience.
• Technical skills to include advanced Excel and Access.
• Strong intellect and aptitude desired, along with the ability to manage multiple and varied activities.
• Good leadership and people management skills, effective communication skills, and an ability to prioritize and effectively problem solve.
• Familiarity and/or interest in learning aircraft systems.
• The ability to read, write, and speak English in order to receive and understand instructions, and directives, and ensure safety, as well as the ability to interact with customers, is a requirement of the job.
• SQL, Visual Basic, and other programming experience.
• Measure vendor performance: identify trends, monitor cycle times, warranty issues, and responsiveness, and calculate yield (cost and quality) - 10%
- Identify performance gaps, determine causal factors, and develop and implement effective solutions that extract value for the Company
- Monitor vendor compliance with contractual agreements. Submit warranty claims.
- Provide clear, consistent communication. Act as the primary interface with the component maintenance vendor.
• Manage the process flow associated with the overhaul maintenance of the Company's off-wing aircraft parts and sub-assemblies - 50%.
- Identify inefficiencies in the daily process and develop tools to address them utilizing Excel, Access, SQL, Visual Basic and other technical skills.
- Financially and statistically analyze components, repair programs, consignment sale programs, and vendors. Identify operational information for executive decision-making.
- Monitor the factors that influence cycle times and intercede, as necessary. Assure the Company is efficiently conducting its business. Identify and implement process improvements.
• Oversee the generation of repair orders, then monitor and expedite (as required) those repair orders - 30%.
- Review repair quotes. Consult with internal technical experts, when necessary, and assure executive authorization is provided for material expenditures. Assure known costs are captured in the correct accounting periods.
- Nominate repair vendors and assure components are properly routed.
• Act as the primary interface, externally, with repair vendors, and, internally, with the Materials, Maintenance, Engineering, IT, and Accounting - 10%.
- Serve as a consultant to the internal IT team as they work toward developing a new company-wide computer system. Items identified as possible needs include Vendor Portal, full electronic data sharing and interfaces, contract management, and real-time quote submission and approval.
- Assure transactions entered into the Company's internal IT system are accurate and completed. Develop the capability to make proper inputs to the computer system for exceptional and complex transactions. Monitor daily activity reports.
- Coordinate activities with the company's Aircraft Parts Stores Clerks, Materials Coordinators, and Inventory Analysts.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.