New York City
Onsite in NYC or Remote /
Alliance is the leading crypto accelerator and founder community. Since early 2020, we've helped the top 1% of crypto founders start and grow their companies. We do so through a 12-week program that culminates in Demo Day, the most prestigious Web3 spotlight. Alliance Accelerator graduates gain entry to Alliance DAO, an alumni community of exceptional crypto founders.
Alliance started in early 2020 as the “DeFi Alliance” working with founders who were building the very first decentralized finance applications. By helping these early projects source liquidity from professional trading firms, they became market leaders with a combined valuation of over a billion dollars. Leveraging our early success, we broadened our mission and now offer best-in-class acceleration across all verticals in crypto.
Alliance Accelerator. A 12-week program featuring talks from leading experts, hands-on mentorship, Demo Day and more. Teams can expect a minimum of 20 hours of dedicated mentorship, over 20 lectures from industry experts and an exclusive Demo Day, covered by TechCrunch, and attended by more than 300 of crypto’s best investors.
Alliance DAO. Following demo day, accelerator graduates can join Alliance DAO — an alumni community of over 300 founders. Here they’ll find continued support from one another, from Alliance mentors, as well as access to exclusive tools including our community web app (”Space”), where they can connect with fellow founders and more.
What We Offer
🤩 Work with world-class crypto founders, investors, and other industry leaders and be exposed to the most exciting projects working at the cutting edge of crypto
🤝 Join a growing team with a strong reputation, investment portfolio, and accelerator business led by experienced entrepreneurs who have founded some of the leading companies in the industry
💰 Competitive salary
📈 Competitive equity compensation
🏝 Unlimited vacation policy
🦷 Medical, dental, and vision
🏡 A remote work environment with an international and diverse team
Location: New York City or Remote
Compensation: Competitive salary plus fund carry
Start Date: Immediate
Experience: Mid to Senior
Alliance is seeking a Controller to be accountable for all aspects of venture fund accounting, tax, financial reporting, audit, payments and operations.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience as a hedge/venture/private equity fund controller or accountant. This is a heavily operational role. The ideal candidate should thrive on organization, task execution/completion, security and other best practices, and have a desire to scale and streamline processes.
You will report directly to the CFO/COO and work closely with the Management Company Controller and Head of Portfolio.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in quarterly and annual financial reporting working with the fund administrator
- Assist in annual tax filings working with third-party tax preparers
- Oversee annual fund audits
- Oversee fund distributions and capital calls
- Manage cash management and accounts payable working with the fund administrator
- Facilitate investment purchases (wire verifications and processing)
- Track fund asset sales
- Oversee limited partner subscriptions, assignments, and other requests
- Assist in quarterly portfolio valuation operations
- Prepare investor communications for capital calls, distributions, and other activities
- Be a point of contact for investor inquiries
- Ensure compliance with domestic and foreign regulatory agencies
- Supervise third-party fund administrator and other service providers
- Work with outside auditors and tax professionals
- 5+ years experience as a fund controller or accountant in hedge, venture, or private equity (or related audit or tax experience)
- Intimately familiar with GAAP accounting and valuation rules
- Experience with managing fund administrator operations and financial reporting, with an aptitude to optimize business processes
- Familiarity with U.S. and Cayman venture fund compliance and regulatory requirements
- Expert in spreadsheets (Excel/Google Sheets)
- Experience with remote work tools like Slack, Google Workspace, and Notion
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high agency (self-driven with keen ability to identify areas of improvement and bring ideas/projects through to completion)
Highly Desired Attributes
- Experience being part of a startup fund
- Experience in fintech and/or crypto/Web3 venture
- CPA desired, not required
Alliance At A Glance
Alliance focuses on venture capital, incubators, accelerators, bitcoin, ethereum, cryptocurrency, and blockchains. We are a remote team of 20+.