Senior Manager, Lease Documentation
Leasing – Lease Documentation /
Allied REIT is looking for a Senior Manager, Lease Documentation to join our team in Toronto.
At Allied, everything starts with purpose. In the role of Senior Manager, Lease Documentation, you will support the leasing and contracting process for our portfolio in Ontario. This, in turn, allows Allied to build relationships with tenants on legally sound foundations.
Please note, our department of Lease Documentation is often referred to as Legal Affairs or Legal Operations in the industry.
Who are you?
We are building upon our achievements at Allied, and the future is exciting. How can we be so sure? We have people like you—engaged professionals who consistently deliver their best.
Throughout your career, you have stood out for your pursuit of excellence. You are self-motivated, take ownership and lead by example. In doing so, you elevate your team and collaborate towards your collective goals.
Above all, you are excited by Allied’s mission and the contribution we make to cities and communities.
What will you do?
- Prepare and negotiate commercial leases and related documents for Allied’s Central portfolio.
- Effectively communicate deal specific parameters across departments.
- Provide drafting solutions and recommendations to the Leasing Department in connection with the negotiation of offers, LOIs, waivers, etc.
- Ensure lease documentation complies with company policies, procedures and strategies.
- Coordinate the approval and execution of lease documentation for both tenant and landlord.
- Develop, improve and maintain standardized precedents and clauses to mitigate risk and maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Be aware of, and responsive to, changes in legislation and case law.
- Review and respond to internal and external inquiries in relation to the interpretation, application and intent of lease provisions.
- Upon request by Property Management Department: (i) assist in processing tenant defaults / terminations including issuance of notices in-line with lease. (ii) review and provide opinion on salient lease terms. and (iii) prepare, review and negotiate general contracts.
- Serve as primary contact for Development Department in relation to the Central portfolio.
- Collaborate with Leasing and Lease Documentation Departments to establish and revise Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and create best practices, tools and templates.
- Upon request by Acquisitions Department: (i) review and summarize lease documentation with an emphasis on risk mitigation. and (ii) draft estoppel certificates.
What are we looking for?
- A bachelor’s degree in law or Law Clerk or Paralegal certification.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience drafting and negotiating commercial lease documentation.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with team members.
- Strong computer skills and use of MS Office.
- Excellent communications skills with fundamental problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adaptable in response to changing needs and competing priorities.
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset.
Who are we?
Allied Properties REIT (TSE:AP.UN) is a leading owner, manager and developer of (i) distinctive urban workspace in Canada’s major cities and (ii) network-dense urban data centres that form Canada’s hub for global connectivity. Allied’s business is providing knowledge-based organizations with distinctive urban environments for creativity and connectivity.
We are also a great place to work. Allied is listed as a 2021 Best Employer in Canada as part of Kincentric’s Best Employers global certification, which distinguishes organizations that demonstrate strong results in employee engagement, organizational agility, engaging leadership and talent focus.
We are committed to hiring the most qualified candidates with a dedication towards supporting diversity, equity and inclusion across our organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, origin, sexual orientation, disability and socioeconomic background.
Note: If you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.