Corporate Planning and Sustainability – Communications /
Allied is looking for a Brand Manager to join our team in Toronto.
At Allied, everything starts with purpose. In the role of Brand Manager, you will champion Allied’s brand by ensuring consistent, engaging and high quality content for all stakeholders.
Through the creation of brand-wide and building-specific materials, you will strengthen Allied’s relationships with users, investors and employees and demonstrate our mission, vision and values through our brand name, visual identity and communications.
Brand at Allied
Our brand, like everything at Allied, has clear meaning and purpose. We are conscious of how we communicate across all aspects of our business. We take an understated approach while providing all stakeholders with an experience that demonstrates our commitment to quality and design.
Our brand is synonymous with our mission, vision and values. It is crucial that it is clear and consistent across all touch-points and for all stakeholders. As a new role at Allied, the successful candidate will be a champion of the Allied brand and refine and expand its presence in meaningful, strategic ways. While you will collaborate across the organization in terms of brand and communications, you will also implement and enhance processes to deliver new and existing initiatives with impact.
Who are you?
We are building upon our achievements at Allied, and the future is exciting. How can we be so sure? We have people like you: engaged professionals who consistently deliver their best.
Throughout your professional career, you have stood out for your pursuit of excellence. You are self-motivated, take ownership, and lead by example. In doing so, you elevate your team and collaborate towards your collective goals.
Above all, you are excited by Allied’s mission and the contribution we make to enhance urban environments.
What will you do?
- Evaluate Allied’s existing branding process and tools, recommend improvements and lead the development of new initiatives, templates and resources.
- Collaborate with departments to assess brand and communication needs and support the development of relevant collateral (e.g. building signage, brochures, presentations and reports).
- Write, design and review communication materials to ensure high quality products that are consistent with Allied’s messaging and brand.
- Ensure all communication materials are AODA complaint.
- Manage French translation process to meet the needs of our diverse stakeholders.
- Support members of the Leadership Team with internal communication projects, e.g. presentations, surveys
- Support the Corporate Team with quarterly updates to investor presentations and other documents as needed
- Develop a schedule of Allied’s annual communications and stakeholder touch-points, and plan accordingly.
- Manage our in-house graphic designer to support with project process and ensure our brand is consistent across all materials.
- Manage relationships with external communications-related agencies as the point of contact for all Allied requests and needs.
- Oversee and support website updates and content in collaboration with IT department, content owners and external partners.
- Ensure photo and historical documentation is captured and stored for all buildings.
Content and Design:
What are we looking for?
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- A post-secondary degree in a related field (e.g., design, communications, journalism or public relations).
- Detail-orientated and strong skills in organization, collaboration and time management.
- Excellent written and visual communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of copy-editing, proofreading, writing and design.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate to a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven analytical and strategic mindset.
- Able to design and roll-out clear and streamlined processes.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
- Bilingual in English and French.
- Exposure to real estate, sustainability and/or a publicly traded organization.
- Experience overseeing design process and/or working directly with graphic design professionals
The following would be an asset:
Who are we?
Allied Properties REIT (TSE:AP.UN) is a leading owner, manager and developer of (i) distinctive urban workspace in Canada’s major cities and (ii) network-dense urban data centres that form Canada’s hub for global connectivity. Allied’s business is providing knowledge-based organizations with distinctive urban environments for creativity and connectivity.
We are also a great place to work. Allied is listed as a 2021 Best Employer in Canada as part of Kincentric’s Best Employers global certification, which distinguishes organizations that demonstrate strong results in employee engagement, organizational agility, engaging leadership and talent focus.
We are committed to hiring the most qualified candidates with a dedication towards supporting diversity, equity and inclusion across our organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, origin, sexual orientation, disability and socioeconomic background.
Note: If you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.