Sr. Manager - Business Operations
San Francisco, CA
About the Role
We are looking a Sr. Manager of Business Operations.
This is our first Operations role, so you will help build out and lead our Biz Ops function from the ground up. Alloy is an operationally-driven company - we believe that doing things well internally will ultimately have an important impact on our future success. We are scrappy and hands-on at heart, but we know how to find right balance and put on the scaling hat when needed.
In this role, you will partner closely with senior leadership and drive cross-functional decision-making across all company operations. As the founding member of the team, you will deliver objective analysis and execute on key initiatives to improve business and operational effectiveness and efficiency across the organization. You will help lay the foundations for an enterprise-level business operations function and gain the necessary skills to put you on the path towards future business leadership.
You have an uncanny ability to get things right for the future, whether it’s strategic planning, identifying the next bottleneck, making the right call on infrastructure.
You’re known for your ability to lead through influence: you always think one step ahead, have your homework in place and you can gather insights and digest a messy problem until the right choice becomes clear.
You are confident in your toolkit and experience and you have a solid understanding of startup mechanics, but you also learn fast and love to pick up new skills and knowledge.
You have scrappy instincts and good judgment. When faced with a new problem, your gut says to get your hands dirty and get it done, but you also know know when to step back, change strategy, deploy new resources
You have an innate drive to be successful. This is your opportunity to build a team, grow it and earn a position in the company leadership
What You'll Do
- Partner with department leads to drive process and performance improvements and help scale effective business functions
- Own and develop BizOps practices in direct support of existing functional teams (including Sales and Marketing), while initially leading first-hand functions that don’t yet have dedicated teams (e.g. Finance)
- Serve as an advisor to the leadership team to identify, develop, and execute strategic plans to achieve business goals, including financial projections, operating plan, board meeting preparation
- Create a culture of measurement and accountability across the organization
- Act as the “scaling leader” within the company. Proactively identify operational bottlenecks across the organization and figure out the best way to overcome them, whether it’s by changing ownership, redesigning processes, automating or outsourcing
- Build and expand the operations team, providing mentorship and guidance to direct reports while hitting ambitious goals
What We're Looking For
- 4+ Years of total experience in a generalist role; 2+ years of relevant experience in startup BizOps
- Analytical and process-oriented with a strong understanding of finance
- Team-player who fosters collaboration, can build trust across teams and lead through influence
- Drive what matters. You never lose sight of the critical path and can inspire others to follow it
- Analytically and process driven. You understand numbers intuitively; if you find yourself repeating work, you automate it
- Thrives in ambiguous situations, making impactful decisions with minimal information
- Highly motivated, self-directed, team player
Alloy is the modern analytics and planning software solution for consumer goods brands. We empower these companies, which make the items we use, wear and consume every day, to manage supply and demand with speed and agility.
Alloy is early-stage, well-funded by leading VCs, and growing. Our small team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to make the global supply chain operate more effectively.