San Francisco, CA
Product Management at Alloy
Product Managers at Alloy advocate for our customers, users, and our business! We partner with engineering, customer success, marketing, and sales to drive Alloy’s product vision and ensure our products’ success from concept, through launch, and beyond. We’re solving challenging and fascinating technical problems that directly improve our customers’ businesses. Data, research, strategy, and empathy are the tools that we use to align interdisciplinary teams around a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work.
You thrive in a small team where you can make a big impact. You are confident in your toolkit and experience, and you also love to pick up new skills and knowledge.
You have an innate drive to be successful. As a foundational member of an early-stage startup, you want to take initiative and solve big problems.
You pursue your personal objectives, but you are also comfortable working collaboratively with other disciplines. When you know a better way, you voice your opinion.
You are both creative and analytical. You thrive in ambiguous situations, and are very comfortable leading through influence rather than authority. You can move fluidly between strategy and execution.
What You'll Do
- Deeply understand Alloy’s product and technology capabilities, the needs of our users, and the needs of our customers’ businesses. Proactively identify opportunities for Alloy to leverage our technology and data capabilities to meet their needs in new and valuable ways.
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new products and features, including documenting technical specifications, coordinating development and launch activities, and seeking input from key stakeholders including: users, sales, marketing, client success and Alloy leadership.
- Combine your understanding of our customers’ needs, our product’s capabilities and our business goals to help the team identify and prioritize high-value projects.
- Review and interpret qualitative and quantitative data on usage patterns to uncover new product insights.
What We're Looking For
- Experience successfully launching B2B software products
- Technical fluency in big data processing and analytics
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability explain complicated concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A keen ability to understand the root need revealed by customer feedback (i.e. look beyond what the customer is asking for, and make sure you understand what they really need)
- Background in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field
- Strong design instincts
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with agile/lean organizations and processes strongly preferred
Alloy is the modern analytics and planning software solution for consumer goods brands. We empower these companies, which make the items we use, wear and consume every day, to manage supply and demand with speed and agility.
Alloy is early-stage, well-funded by leading VCs, and growing. Our small team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to make the global supply chain operate more effectively.