San Francisco, CA
About the role
As a Data Engineer at Alloy, you will oversee and expand our entire data integration layer, allowing Alloy to seamlessly communicate with a wide variety of companies across the supply chain. This includes retailers, distributors, logistics operators and e-commerce platforms.
You thrive in a small team where you can build technology from the ground up. You love to pick up new tech, master it quickly, and do something creative with it.
You don’t shy away from even the most challenging problems and relentlessly strive for better solutions. You are self-motivated and enjoy working with others towards a common objective. When you know a better way, you voice your opinion. Building software is the means to an end—you want to change the way an entire industry operates.
What You'll Do
- Build, automate and maintain integrations with retailer/distributor portals, e-commerce platforms, logistics providers, ERP platforms, manufacturers, and other relevant data sources
- Build and improve internal libraries to streamline data integration across multiple sources, including web scrapers, EDI files, REST APIs and flat files
- Be the internal expert on how each player in the supply chain shares and interpret data. Maintain internal Alloy logic to automate the interpretation of data across channels through the unified Alloy data model
What We're Looking For
- Strong knowledge of Python and SQL, especially in data wrangling and ETL applications
- Familiarity with Java is a plus
- Experience in interpreting and manipulating supply chain-related datasets (Point-of-sale, logistics/EDI, product master)
- Working knowledge of Selenium and other web-scraping tools
- Google Cloud Platform
- Postgres, Redis
- Python, modern Java, React
Alloy is the modern analytics and planning software solution for consumer goods brands. We empower these companies, which make the items we use, wear and consume every day, to manage supply and demand with speed and agility.
Alloy is early-stage, well-funded by leading VCs, and growing. Our small team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to make the global supply chain operate more effectively.