San Francisco, CA
About the Role
We are looking for Alloy’s first Solutions Consultant. In this role, you will be working at the intersection of Sales and Product, working with top global manufacturers to align their growth objectives to Alloy’s capabilities.
This role will be foundational to Alloy’s business expansion. Representing a new function within the company, as a Solution Consultants you will become an internal expert in our technology, developing a deep understanding of how Alloy is being used by current customers and how it can drive value for future ones. You will bridge the gap between the strategic direction of our product development and the needs of our market.
You are inherently multidisciplinary: you’re too drawn to people to be just an engineer, but too passionate about technology to be in pure sales.
You thrive in a small team where you can make a big impact. You are confident in your toolkit and experience, and you also love to pick up new skills and knowledge.
You have an innate drive to be successful. As a foundational member of an early-stage startup, you want to take initiative and solve big problems.
You pursue your personal objectives, but you are also comfortable working collaboratively with other disciplines. When you know a better way, you voice your opinion.
You are both creative and analytical. You thrive in ambiguous situations, and are very comfortable leading through influence rather than authority. You can move fluidly between strategy and execution.
What You'll Do
- Take a consultative role in the sales cycle – act as a product expert during the sales cycle, to identify and present the best solution for a potential customer’s use case
- Drive a prospect’s technical discovery, in collaboration with Sales, to uncover opportunities that can be addressed by Alloy
- Work with product and engineering to identify new use-cases that Alloy can address and implement them in the form of a demo for prospects; tailor and personalize the product demo to fit the unique needs of each customer
- Deliver high-impact solution presentations and demonstrations to prospective customers (including senior audiences)
- Run consultative pilots and proofs-of-concepts coupling software features and functionality with hands-on collaboration with the customer
- Work closely with Sales to develop and execute on account strategies, create proposals, support RFI and customer due-diligence
- Liaise with Client Solutions to ensure effective transition of learnings from the sales into new customer onboarding
- Develop deep knowledge of the supply chain space
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of relevant experience in SaaS solutions consulting or related fields ( sales engineering, management consulting, client success, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving skills in a business setting, coupling the ability to understand technical details and find insight in large datasets, while staying aware of the business context and focused on customer objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with demonstrated senior selling skills within consultative projects
- Ownership mindset demonstrating drive, initiative, energy and a sense of urgency
- Able to thrive in a small team with a highly dynamic work environment, switching rapidly from strategy to execution
- Highly motivated, self-directed, team player
Alloy is the modern analytics and planning software solution for consumer goods brands. We empower these companies, which make the items we use, wear and consume every day, to manage supply and demand with speed and agility.
Alloy is early-stage, well-funded by leading VCs, and growing. Our small team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to make the global supply chain operate more effectively.