San Francisco, CA
About The Role
We are looking for our first Office Manager, based at our headquarters in San Francisco.
In this role, you'll be the first member of the Operations team that we will establish and grow rapidly in the next year. You will be responsible for general facilities management and coordination, event planning, support of marketing, sales and company operations, plus anything else that interests you. Among other things, you will be a key contributor to the friendly, engaging culture of our SOMA office.
This will start as a part-time position and expand from there, so the role is an ideal launching pad for any role in the Silicon Valley startup world. There is a set of core competencies that are required, but lots of potential for upward mobility, with time, to expand into a broader role and contribute to different parts of the organization.
You are known for your high energy, enthusiasm, and can-do attitude.
You inherently enjoy being part of a team, helping others and proactively seeking new ways to contribute. You are diligent, well-organized, able to take responsibility, work independently and be accountable for results.
You are able to work and connect with a diverse set of people, are passionate about technology and pretty good at mastering new things. Most important, you are an avid learner and you're looking for an opportunity to work with great people, expand your skill set and continue to grow over time in the technology industry.
What you'll do
- Proactively suggest and manage company events, both internal (team offsites, happy hours, parties) and external (conferences, client meetings, etc.)
- Maintain a clean and organized environment throughout the office, both directly and through the management of our vendors (cleaning, IT, etc.)
- Coordinate all aspects of recruiting, including assisting with sourcing, interviews and onboarding to ensure prospective and early employees have a great experience with Alloy
- Own the management of all office supplies, from conference rooms to snacks
- Be a cultural leader for the company, taking initiative and helping to create an environment that keeps people inspired, productive and on track
- Leverage technology to digitize and automate many aspects of company operations, from paying bills to auto-reordering supplies to catering company events
What we're looking for
- Outstanding project management, organization, work ethic
- Ownership mindset demonstrating drive, initiative and energy
- Highly motivated and independent, team-player
- Professional ambition, wanting to use this role as a stepping stone
- High energy personality and passion for company culture
- Natural predisposition for technology, both consumer and enterprise
- Bachelor's Degree with good academic record
Alloy is the modern analytics and planning software solution for consumer goods brands. We empower these companies, which make the items we use, wear and consume every day, to manage supply and demand with speed and agility.
Alloy is early-stage, well-funded by leading VCs, and growing. Our small team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to make the global supply chain operate more effectively.