San Francisco, CA
Over $20 trillion worth of goods—the items we use, wear and consume every day—flow through increasingly complex global supply chains annually. Alloy is a supply chain synchronization platform that connects manufacturers, suppliers, logistics providers, distributors, and retailers, giving businesses end-to-end visibility with fast and actionable insights. Our customers—companies the make, move, and sell products—use Alloy to get the right products to the right place at the right time with greater agility, efficiency, and effectiveness than ever before. We work with companies of all sizes in many industries, ranging from Fortune 100 enterprises to fast-growing, innovative manufacturers.
We are early stage, well funded by leading VCs, and growing fast. Our small team studied at top institutions including MIT, Stanford, Waterloo, Caltech, ETH Zurich, Carnegie Mellon, and Harvard and has diverse backgrounds and experience in analytics, large-scale enterprise software, retail, and financial technology. There are many challenging problems to solve in this complex industry, and a huge opportunity for modern software to make the global supply chain operate more effectively.
About the role
In this role, you will work closely with the founding team to develop customer excitement, help us develop our playbook, generate our pipeline, and chart our product roadmap. Most importantly, you’ll lead the charge toward our ambitious revenue goals.
You role is uniquely positioned to be the bridge between Alloy and the outside world, and as such it will be inherently cross-functional. The knowledge you accumulate as you interact with prospects will be foundational to improving Alloy’s product, value statement, market positioning, and revenue structure.
From a sales perspective, you will both execute on and continuously improve the existing process, from refining target accounts and buyer personas to identifying and expanding on the most appealing parts of our value proposition.
You thrive in a small team where you can make a big impact. You are confident in your toolkit and experience, but you also love to pick up new skills and aspire to be full-stack at what you do.
You have an innate drive to be successful, and you bring both the acumen and the grit to achieve your objectives. As a foundational member of an early-stage startup, you want to take initiative, tackle new obstacles and solve problems we have not encountered before. Each problem you solve will leave a mark, shaping the future of our sales strategy.
You don’t shy away from even the most challenging problems and are relentless in always looking for better solutions. You pursue your personal objectives, but you are also comfortable working with an engineering-oriented team towards common goals. When you know a better way, you voice your opinion.
You think big and want to change the way an entire industry operates.
What You'll Do
- Generate revenue, owning the end-to-end process from pipeline generation to closed deals in close collaboration with the founding team.
- Work together with marketing, design, engineering and other functions to continuously improve Alloy’s market appeal, from attracting prospects to solving the key issues they raise.
- Discover, improve and execute new approaches to reach our audience, including events and shows, campaigns, referral, collateral and case studies.
- Act as a self-starter while leveraging cross-functional collaboration wherever appropriate.
- Employ a consultative approach in assessing clients’ needs and developing an understanding of the challenges faced by their business.
- Collect and synthesize client feedback for our engineering team.
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of sales experience in enterprise SaaS. Experience with products related to supply chain or retail is a plus.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple way. You will need to interact with senior clients, understand their needs and drive towards a solution.
- Process-oriented mindset, figuring out what works and capitalizing on it by adding new details to future opportunities.
- Ownership mindset demonstrating drive, initiative, energy and a sense of urgency.
- Well versed and diligent in managing end-to-end sales cycle through a CRM system.
- Able to thrive in a small team with a highly dynamic work environment and switch rapidly from strategy to execution.