Data Operations Analyst
San Francisco, CA
About the role
High quality data is core to the value proposition of Alloy and our teams work hard to monitor and maintain the quality of the data coming in. As we scale, our data operations needs will increase and will require ownership beyond the Engineering and Client Solutions teams.
In this role, you’ll be the expert in investigating and resolving issues with our trading partner data integrations. You will support customer onboarding and the development of new data integrations. You'll obtain expert knowledge about the data feeds that Alloy supports.
You are naturally drawn to analytical work and are comfortable working with an engineering-oriented team towards common goals. You can naturally switch between detail-oriented execution, communication with all involved parties, and prioritization based on added value.
What You'll Do
- Be a data expert at Alloy. Develop a deep understanding of the different data sources we support. Create systems to capture this knowledge and make it available to others.
- Investigate and resolve data pipeline issues with partner integrations using internal Alloy tools. Work with our Client Solutions team to communicate technical details and business impacts of known data issues to our customers
- Own data onboarding for new customers. Manage data feeds, establish file transfer connectivity, and review data for quality and completeness. Develop a streamlined, repeatable process for obtaining necessary onboarding details from customers
- Support Client Solutions in creating value for customers by assisting with creating dashboards and identifying opportunities in the data
- Work with Client Solutions and Engineering teams to provide expertise in partner-specific features and functionality necessary to support our customers' data needs
What We're Looking For
- You have strong experience in analyzing data through spreadsheets (Excel) and/or databases (SQL).
- You have a demonstrated ability to transform customer business needs into a set of concrete specifications and executing on those tasks.
- You’re adaptable to a wide set of technologies and can find patterns across different data sources.
- You are familiar with supply chain, retail, and logistics fundamentals (preferred)
- You have basic experience writing scripts (e.g Python) to automate tasks or manipulate data (preferred)
- You value empathetic and proactive communication, especially when confronted with issues.
Alloy is the modern analytics and planning software solution for consumer goods brands. We empower these companies, which make the items we use, wear and consume every day, to manage supply and demand with speed and agility.
Alloy is early-stage, well-funded by leading VCs, and growing. Our small team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to make the global supply chain operate more effectively.