Associate Product Designer
Founded in 2016 by food-lovers and serial entrepreneurs JP and Alex, allplants is an award-winning planet-positive food brand and VC-backed B-Corp with around 65 employees on a mission to build Earth’s most forward-thinking food company, operating out of Seven Sisters, London.
Our plans for 2020 and beyond are bold, delicious and daring. To achieve our growth ambition of inspiring the next billion plant-powered people we are expanding our teams at pace, whilst also putting in place the foundations of a deeply mission-driven and customer-led culture.
You will be the second Designer to join our tight-knit 10 person Product team. You will be reporting into the Digital Head of Product and working closely with a Senior Product Designer as well as working closely within a balanced team made up of a Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineers.
The allplants website is integral to our business. In the coming months we have several green-field projects to rebuild major parts of our digital experience, and have many iterative experiments to increase conversion rate.
Cross-disciplinary product development team
- Work with the team to prioritise and plan research efforts
- Design beautiful and effective solutions to solve for business and customer pain points
- Test and iterate on designs to help ensure we’re solving problems with the best solutions
- Work closely with our Creative team to ensure our solutions adhere to our Brand Guidelines, and help iterate and evolve the Guidelines when required
Team and culture
- We value user-centred design within the entire company, and you will be contributing to the design thinking and research practice within allplants
You will be reporting into Laurel Gray, our Head of Product. You can find out a bit more about her here.
what you’ll need.
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast. You’ll be a great fit here if you [are/have]:
- You have designed at least one digital product that solves a real user problem, and you can walk us through a portfolio
- You are comfortable working with ambiguity, and you’re able to identify assumptions
- You don’t treat design artefacts as precious, you seek out and incorporate feedback frequently
- You don’t know everything, but you bring a curious spirit and are excited to learn
- Desire to share knowledge
- Exposure or experience with Sketch or inVision
- Experience working in an ecommerce business or startup
The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
- Be part of a business with purpose (certified B-Corp), using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Salary - £25,000 to £35,000 depending on experience
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays), pension plan and stock options from day one
- Career development plan
- Healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings(!)
- A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
- Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)
- Listed as Escape The City’s Top 100 companies to work for ✌️
Do I need to be vegan to work here?
No, you don’t! We’re an open-minded bunch and welcome all diets from plant curious to raw foodist, as long as you resonate with our mission to inspire people to eat more plants!
Where are you based?
We’re currently based in Seven Sisters (N15 4QA). We will be moving to our new office by the end of 2019, where the closest station will be Blackhorse Road.
What are your working hours?
This varies between teams (for instance our chefs work in shifts which cover from 6am to 10pm) but our standard office hours are 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday.
How can I contact if I have more questions?
Please reach out on email@example.com if you have any other questions.
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.