Kitchen & Warehouse Operations - Production Chef - Night Shift
Kitchen & Warehouse Operations /
We’ve created allplants to make eating more plants a supremely positive choice that is delicious, healthy, accessible and full of joy: an inclusive celebration of food and life: a fiesta, not a fast. Through our food and website we make it delicious and easy for anyone to make the switch towards plants one dish or day at a time, with delicious, chef-made, plant-based food straight from our kitchen to yours.
Already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe we’ve served millions of meal-times to homes UK-wide, subscribing for feel-good, healthier living. Our plans for 2021 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - growing our kitchen and product range to serve our expanding community of allplants people at pace!
allplants is one of only a handful of venture capital backed B-Corps in the world, dedicated to leveraging high growth principles in order to help solve the climate crisis at scale, using business as a force for good. Our chefs and creative food puts us at an exhilarating frontier of culinary invention, creating new plant-based delights to help anyone make the step towards trying out vegan for size - the fastest way to boost your health and chop down your food carbon footprint (by 35% with just one meal per day!). Our team of +140 cook, taste, create and (usually when not in lockdown) operate from The Greenhouse, our HQ in North London.
*no recruiters, thanks
You will be reporting to the Team Lead and the Shift Manager while working to prep and cook the delicious allplants range of meals & add-ons.
We hand-cook every single meal, which puts our chefs at the heart of delivering an unforgettable experience that can inspire the world to eat more plants.
This role is one part of our larger Production Team that includes chefs, kitchen porters, warehouse assistants, platers and mixers all working together to produce delicious meals, every day.
You will have the opportunity to learn from the best and plenty of chances to grow in the business. We believe in supporting our team by helping them achieve more and adapting to their growth.
The salary for this role is based on our internal framework of £21 000 to £24 000 based on experience. The role available is to join our night shift and will also qualify for night shift allowance.
In this role, you will:
- Work diligently and comfortably within the set cooking and traceability procedures
- Be meticulous and consistent in performing regular safety checks
- Adapt to improvement needs to guarantee the best experience to our customers
- Adopt and promote a positive culture focused on People and Planet
What you’ll need:
We’re open-minded and believe smart driven people can learn fast. You’ll be a great fit here if you have:
- Great attention to detail and a keen sense of responsibility
- Willingness to learn new processes, roll with them, and always look to improve
- A sincere belief in the allplants mission and a vision for how this fits into our culture
- An itch to learn fast, make positive changes and do something to make our world a better place
- A sense of humour, high energy, and passion for a healthier plant-powered future
- A willingness to take risks, make mistakes and a love for feedback that helps you improve
- At least 6 months experience in a kitchen or food production environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a production kitchen which manufactures plant-based products.
The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
- Be part of a growing b-corp startup and help shape the future of food
- 32 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
- 10 weeks of full pay for maternity/paternity leave
- Employer contributions to your pension plan
- We all have a meaningful bit of allplants that we own
- Healthy food and lunches every day at HQ and lots of allplants tastings (!) from our exceptional in-house chef and development teams
- Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)
- A free monthly tasting delivery of allplants for everyone to taste what's cooking!
Do I need to be vegan to work here?
No, you don’t! We’re an open-minded bunch and welcome all diets from plant curious to raw foodist, as long as you resonate with our mission to inspire people to eat more plants!
Where are you based?
Our office, The Greenhouse, is based about 10-minute walk from Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line.
However, at the moment our office based staff are working remotely.
What are your working hours?
This varies between teams (for instance our chefs work in shifts which cover from 6am to 10pm, and our new nightshift will be structured to run for 8 hours across the evening) but our standard office hours are 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday. We embrace flexible working and adopt a ‘core hours’ model which is implemented differently from team-to-team.
How can I contact if I have more questions?
Please reach out on email@example.com if you have any other questions.
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.