Finance & BI /
We created allplants to make eating more plants a supremely positive choice that is delicious, healthy, accessible and full of joy: an inclusive celebration of food and life: a fiesta, not a fast.
Through our food and website we make it delicious and easy for anyone to make the switch towards plants one dish or day at a time, with delicious, chef-made, plant-based food straight from our kitchen to yours.
Already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe, we’ve served millions of meal-times to homes UK-wide, subscribing for feel-good, healthier living.
Our plans for 2021 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - growing our kitchen and product range to serve our growing community, scaling our teams, expanding our current office space in Blackhorse Road (The Greenhouse), as well as open a second office space in Angel, N1.
allplants is one of only a handful of venture capital-backed B-Corps in the world, dedicated to leveraging high growth principles in order to help solve the climate crisis at scale, using business as a force for good.
We’re looking for someone who can bridge the worlds of commercial thinking, financial procedures, and data manipulation, to be an awesome business partner to our Growth team. An expert modeller, an excel whiz (who wants to explore new tools too), someone who thinks big picture and can rationalise down a complex, fast-growing business into salient and model-able components.
Responsibilities include (with a focus on our DTC Commercial and Marketing teams):
- Owning and developing the core allplants business model(s), key to future fundraising processes, budgeting and forecasting. You would work closely with all members of the senior leadership team, as well as team leads across the business.
- Budgeting, forecasting, and measuring actual performance, not only executing the processes but upgrading and building systems to do so. You would also work with other members of the BI, Data and Finance teams to deliver insight on business performance, identifying opportunities and risks.
- Developing, publishing, and popularising the right KPIs, reports, and rituals to drive great decision making based on shared understanding.
- Eliminating wasted time and effort, automating data flows and processes at every sensible opportunity.
- Staying on top of market trends and their potential impact on allplants.
- A unique philosophy about business information. We are building a single team that integrates Data, BI, and Finance, with team members who span the whole space and aren’t confined to silos. This reflects our unique approach to capturing, transforming, analysing, and modelling information at allplants. We see no artificial barriers between data of all types: marketing effectiveness, customer behaviour, operational performance, or financial transactions, nor about the tools and systems that process them. Indeed, we need to be able to draw all these areas together to give the best insights and make the best business decisions.
- Top tier coaching. The team is led by Matt (ex-strategy consultant with over 3 years at allplants); Grace (ex-Big 4 Auditor and finance guru); and James (who has led and built Data and Finance teams at other fast-growth ethical FMCG brands including Innocent and Graze).
- Opportunity for growth. We are a fast-growing business, and for ambitious candidates we expect you, and your role, to grow with it. We’re a young team but already have great examples of professional development within allplants - ask us about them!
- Support. We take professional and personal support seriously. We will cover the cost of relevant professional development courses, and so much more: we have regular team discussions and check-ins on Diversity & Inclusion, Mental Health, and personal effectiveness.
- 2-4 years experience in FP&A, Commercial Finance, Consulting, Banking or any other field with substantial exposure to analytical and financial modelling, forecasting, KPI development and measurement
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to use them practically to solve commercial problems (including the fuzzy, imperfectly scoped ones!).
- Unintimidated by financial terminology, P&Ls and Balance Sheets, and able to execute and continuously improve financial processes across many systems.
- Excellent business partnering skills, which for us means being able to:
- talk the language of varied stakeholders across Growth Commercial & Marketing, Supply Chain Operations, Data/BI, and Finance
- form your own judgements about stakeholders’ requests and priorities
- develop and test your own hypotheses as well as others’, and share your own insights in cross-functional projects
- An awesome team player with enthusiasm to coach others and to learn new skills yourself and drive your own development on the job
Nice to haves
- Direct-to-consumer and e-commerce businesses
- Small, scale-up, fast-growth businesses
- Using data manipulation platforms and methods, e.g., SQL, Tableau, Looker, Matlab, Anaplan
- Any accounting or finance qualification at any stage (part- or fully-qualified)
- Line management (this role could have a report)
- Project management, especially cross-functional
- Food manufacturing: both in-house and outsourced supply chains
- Data-driven decision-making
- Integrating analysis with accountancy tools and ERP software
Salary package for this role:
The salary for this position is based on our internal salary banding and is between £40,000 to £50,000.
What we offer
🌍 Be part of a certified B-Corp, dedicated to using commercial growth to better serve people & planet
🏖 24 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
🎂 Birthdays off
🧠 Mental Health cover
🧘♀️ Health & Well-being cover
📚 £500 yearly learning allowance
💻 Hybrid working model
🕰 Flexible working hours
💪 Gym discounts
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
🍼 Parental leave: 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregiver & 8 weeks for secondary caregiver
💔 Pregnancy loss support leave
🚀 Real opportunities to grow in your career and develop your skills as we scale the company
💰 Competitive salary and stock options from day one
🥗 Free healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks, and lots of allplants tastings
🌱 A free monthly delivery of allplants for everyone to taste what's cooking
🐶 A dog-friendly office with cute pooches
🕺 Regular socials (when safe to do so). We love a good party.
✨ Chance to join one of Escape The City’s Top 100 companies to work for & #7 in Startups' Top 100 most disruptive and innovative startups✌️
Click here to access our Privacy Notice.