Food Operations /
We’ve created allplants to make eating more plants a supremely positive choice that is delicious, healthy, accessible and full of joy: an inclusive celebration of food and life: a fiesta, not a fast. Through our food and website we make it delicious and easy for anyone to make the switch towards plants one dish or day at a time, with delicious, chef-made, plant-based food straight from our kitchen to yours.
Already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe we’ve served millions of meal-times to homes UK-wide, subscribing for feel-good, healthier living. Our plans for 2021 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - growing our kitchen and product range to serve our expanding community of allplants people at pace!
allplants is one of only a handful of venture capital backed B-Corps in the world, dedicated to leveraging high growth principles in order to help solve the climate crisis at scale, using business as a force for good. Our chefs and creative food puts us at an exhilarating frontier of culinary invention, creating new plant-based delights to help anyone make the step towards trying out vegan for size - the fastest way to boost your health and chop down your food carbon footprint (by 35% with just one meal per day!). Our team of +140 cook, taste, create and (usually when not in lockdown) operate from The Greenhouse, our HQ in North London.
*no recruiters, thanks
You will be responsible for strengthening and structuring the operations within a third-party warehousing and fulfilment unit in Corby, with a focus on facilitating scalability as volumes and complexity grow.
A mentality of Continuous Improvement is required to elevate quality and minimise cost. You will be tasked with creating a collaborative culture with the third-party while still challenging them directly when needed to achieve the best results.
This role will be based out of Corby, Northamptonshire.
Expected start date: 01/02/2021
Working with us, you will
-Ensure operational excellence and consistent delivery of OTIF and quality KPIs
-Plan and control labour in line with CPU targets and productivity KPIs
-Instil and support improvements in stock awareness, traceability and reporting
-Promote a continuous improvement philosophy, encouraging team participation in improvement initiatives
-Identify, implement and track cost control and cost reduction opportunities within the operation
-Motivate and train the team of warehouse operatives
The Salary for this role is based on our internal banding and is between £32,000 and £38,000 depending on experience.
What you'll need:
- Experience in a high-speed logistics or manufacturing environment
- Awareness of continuous improvement concepts and practices
- Solid planning, organisation and scheduling skills
- A ‘hands-on’ on approach on the floor
- Some financial and budget control experience
- Be encouraged by challenges and keen to build something from the ground up
- Easily approachable with good interpersonal skills and creative thinking
- Results-driven and action-oriented
- Problem-solving skills and priority setting
- Own your goals wholeheartedly and take people with you
The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
- Be part of a growing b-corp startup and help shape the future of food
- 32 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
- 10 weeks of full pay for maternity/paternity leave
- Employer contributions to your pension plan
- We all have a meaningful bit of allplants that we own
- Healthy food and lunches every day at HQ and lots of allplants tastings (!) from our exceptional in-house chef and development teams
- Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)
- A free monthly tasting delivery of allplants for everyone to taste what's cooking!
Do I need to be vegan to work here?
No, you don’t! We’re an open-minded bunch and welcome all diets from plant curious to raw foodist, as long as you resonate with our mission to inspire people to eat more plants!
Where are you based?
Our office, The Greenhouse, is based about 10-minute walk from Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line.
However, at the moment our office based staff are working remotely.
What are your working hours?
This varies between teams (for instance our chefs work in shifts which cover from 6am to 10pm, and our new nightshift will be structured to run for 8 hours across the evening) but our standard office hours are 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday. We embrace flexible working and adopt a ‘core hours’ model which is implemented differently from team-to-team.
How can I contact if I have more questions?
Please reach out on email@example.com if you have any other questions.
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.