Senior Product Designer
We’ve created allplants to make eating more plants a supremely positive choice that is delicious, healthy, accessible and full of joy: an inclusive celebration of food and life: a fiesta, not a fast. Through our food and website we make it delicious and easy for anyone to make the switch towards plants one dish or day at a time, with delicious, chef-made, plant-based food straight from our kitchen to yours.
Already the leading plant-based living platform in Europe we’ve served millions of meal-times to homes UK-wide, subscribing for feel-good, healthier living. Our plans for 2021 and beyond are as exciting as they are delicious - growing our kitchen and product range to serve our expanding community of allplants people at pace!
allplants is one of only a handful of venture capital backed B-Corps in the world, dedicated to leveraging high growth principles in order to help solve the climate crisis at scale, using business as a force for good. Our chefs and creative food puts us at an exhilarating frontier of culinary invention, creating new plant-based delights to help anyone make the step towards trying out vegan for size - the fastest way to boost your health and chop down your food carbon footprint (by 35% with just one meal per day!). Our team of +140 cook, taste, create and (usually when not in lockdown) operate from The Greenhouse, our HQ in North London.
*no recruiters, thanks
About the Role:
allplants is currently looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our mission to inspire the planet to eat more plants. This unique opportunity will be to work within a cross-functional team whose primary focus is the continuous improvement and evolution of our end to end retention user journeys.
We are looking for someone who is creatively curious; capable and keen to curate end to end digital experiences; proactively seeks to problem-solve; uses data to inform designs; welcomes feedback and is adaptable in their approach to design.
In this role, you will be a direct report to, and work closely with, the Product Lead leveraging your experience in order to inspire the adoption and implementation of scalable product design processes and tooling across the broader context of the website and company.
Working with us, you will:
- Champion the User Journey - Work closely with the Product, Engineering and Marketing teams to deliver delightful solutions on end to end return user journeys and supporting key marketing campaigns
- Research - Partnering with Product Managers to conduct, analyse and action in-depth research that uncovers customer problems using a wide range of methodologies
- Improve the Product Design Process - Streamline design workflows to improve efficiency, leveraging your experience to refine or overhaul the current Design stack and systems, always while considering process impact on others. Embrace lean agile methodologies and be comfortable working with Minimum Viable Products (MVP); experimentation and iterative improvement cycles
- Be a Mentor - Support junior members through coaching; mentoring and thoughtful feedback to facilitate alignment within the team towards the approach and standards for design
- Promote Brand Alignment - Work closely with Brand design to align product design and branding and how we integrate into our digital experiences
- Design System Set-up - Act as a key visionary for the curating of an allplants design system which will include defining the approach and processes and working with other cross-functional teams on their implementation. This will include supporting the migration from Invision to Figma.
The salary for this position is based on our internal salary banding and is between £45,000 and £60,000 depending on experience.
Desirables Technical Skills:
- - UX (user experience) methodologies and best practices
- - UI (user interface) Design
- - Use of component libraries
- - Prototyping
- - Interaction Design
- - Information Architecture
- - Usability testing
- - Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- - Figma and inVision knowledge - Figma is essential to this role
- Experience with working with Content Management Systems
- Experience with product analytic tools such as Fullstory and Amplitude
- Experience with programming and technical frameworks
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Miro and Asana
- Experience with icon design
- Experience working on food-based e-commerce/subscription-based digital products
- Experience working in a start-up / scale-up environment
The qualifications and experiences above are a guide and we’d still love to hear from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
- Be part of a growing b-corp startup and help shape the future of food
- 32 days holiday a year (including Bank Holidays)
- 10 weeks of full pay for maternity/paternity leave
- Employer contributions to your pension plan
- We all have a meaningful bit of allplants that we own
- Healthy food and lunches every day at HQ and lots of allplants tastings (!) from our exceptional in-house chef and development teams
- Quarterly socials (we love a good party!) and weekly staff-led activities (football club, netball league and PT sessions in the park)
- A free monthly tasting delivery of allplants for everyone to taste what's cooking!
Do I need to be vegan to work here?
No, you don’t! We’re an open-minded bunch and welcome all diets from plant curious to raw foodist, as long as you resonate with our mission to inspire people to eat more plants!
Where are you based?
Our office, The Greenhouse, is based about 10-minute walk from Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line.
However, at the moment our office based staff are working remotely.
What are your working hours?
This varies between teams (for instance our chefs work in shifts which cover from 6am to 10pm, and our new nightshift will be structured to run for 8 hours across the evening) but our standard office hours are 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday. We embrace flexible working and adopt a ‘core hours’ model which is implemented differently from team-to-team.
How can I contact if I have more questions?
Please reach out on email@example.com if you have any other questions.
a fair chance
Every role in the allplants team is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you.
More than just encouraging your application, we're committed to conscious inclusion that (we hope) cultivates an ethos of belonging, connection and shared purpose. It’s this philosophy that drove us to contribute to a better world through our allplants purpose and mission, and we open our doors to those who share these motivations.