Director of Events
About All Raise
All Raise is a non-profit on a mission to change the game for female and nonbinary investors, founders, and operators in tech. Born out of a grassroots movement in 2018, our programs equip women and non-binary leaders with the knowledge and network to advance their professional growth and career success.
All Raise is led by Interim CEO Paige Hendrix Buckner, a seasoned founder and operator. Paige is supported by a world-class team and Board of Directors, including Aileen Lee (Founder and Managing Partner at Cowboy Ventures), Jess Lee (Partner at Sequoia Capital), Deirdre Findlay (Global Chief Marketing Officer at McAfee), Jessica Ross (Chief Financial Officer at Frontdoor), and Sarah Nahm (Co-Founder and Former CEO of Lever).
Join us to create the change we want to see!
All Raise seeks a Director of Events to lead our HQ events strategy and collaborate with the community team to support chapters and programs events, and community activation work.
All Raise is a non-profit with a mission to amplify female and non-binary investor, founder, and operator voices to accelerate their success and create a tech culture where women and non-binary people are leading, shaping, and funding the future.
Project management/oversight, a collaborative nature, strategic thinking, and attention to detail are central to this role. The Director of Events will be held accountable to strategize and deliver on our annual flagship event VC Summit, manage chapter launch events, consult and support our community and chapters on their local activations, plan and execute an annual webinar strategy, and lead future conference activations. This role reports to our Head of Marketing and Communications and will work collaboratively with the entire team from all corners of the business. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of All Raise’s annual events strategy, budget, and calendar including in-person, virtual, and chapter/community events alongside the All Raise team.
- Manage collaboration with key stakeholders to fully define events and their goals.
- Ability to bring creative ideas to the table and turn them into plans for implementation that drive understanding for All Raise’s mission.
- Ability to start from scratch in creating event experiences online and in-person for varying audiences and sizes
- Collaborate on messaging, promotion and content creation for All Raise events.
- Understand and implement data-tracking around events to prove ROI and achieve top-line goals.
- Manage the team and stakeholders and vendors, and their expectations.
- Proven leadership for all-things-events; a keen understanding of how to keep the trains on the tracks at a reasonable pace assuring we achieve goals on time, under budget, while exceeding expectations.
Production and Management
- Lay the groundwork to ensure our events launch with certainty regarding dates, venue, and platforms
- Manage external agencies, vendors, and stakeholders throughout the event development and execution process.
- Create and manage event calendars, timelines, deliverables, and budgets
- Oversee event registration/RSVP systems and attendee communications
- Create efficient and scalable on-site registration processes
- Maintain and oversee (with a keen eye toward continually improving and upgrading as necessary) documentation for event databases and materials.
- Day-to-day department management, delegation and oversight. Including approval of and planning for documents, forms, and protocols.
- Clearly and consistently communicating between team members to evaluate goals and progress.
The ideal candidate:
- Sees events at an opportunity to generate revenue
- Has experience managing multiple projects, events, and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment, takes initiative, is extremely organized and self-motivated.
- Has strong instincts on when to delegate and when to directly implement projects/tasks.
- An approachable leader who fosters collaboration and a positive work environment.
- Social innovator who is investing in giving back to the community and creating positive change.
- Can easily shift gears pending priorities.
- Is a problem solver and solution finder.
- Loves designing experiences for thousands of participants.
- Ability to travel as we produce campaigns across the country!
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in logistical event production
- Experience building and managing large, complex projects and teams.
- Samples from event production work
- Excellent oral/written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- If you’re feeling shy about applying because your experience doesn’t check everybody, apply anyway!
$140,000 - $170,000 a year
Benefits include: full medical, dental, and vision; a one-time home office stipend; and an annual professional development/wellness stipend.