AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world, reaching 44 million people a year through alltrails.com, the App Store and Google Play. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from a community of 9 million registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 102 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-10 app in Health and Fitness and has been downloaded by over 12 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing
· Design, build, and implement new product features for the AllTrails iOS app
· Coordinate tasks with your teammates and self-pilot through each sprint
· Identify and squash bugs
· Deliver performant, reliable, scalable, and secure code
· Monitor performance and address scaling issues
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Demonstrable projects and results from 5+ years of developing native iOS applications
· Significant Swift, XCode, and Objective C experience
· Familiarity with offline RESTful APIs
· Experience with CoreData, SQLite and other offline persistence technologies
· Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems
· Self motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
· Curiosity, humility, and open-mindedness
· Passion about mobile technologies and AllTrails’ mission to connect people to the outdoors
· Mapping/GIS experience
· Experience developing for Apple Watch
· Experience with ARKit
· A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches
· Proven ability to quickly learn new technology and processes
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.