Associate Manual QA Tester
San Francisco /
Associate Manual QA Tester
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 20 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors.
AllTrails is looking for a full-time Associate Manual QA Tester who will work closely with our engineering and product teams to help manage the QA process and support our release cycles. In this hands-on role, you will be the go-to person for manual testing on our iOS, Android and Web platforms to ensure we consistently deliver a high quality product to our community of outdoor enthusiasts. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing
• Oversee planning and the implementation of well thought out and scalable QA strategies
• Create new test cases/test plans, and keep existing test documentation up to date
• Execute manual QA processes throughout various development phases (regression, exploratory testing, new feature testing, etc.) across iOS, Android, and Web platforms to ensure delivery of predictable, high-quality product releases
• Work with a close-knit team to identify trends, bugs, and triage priorities
• Create detailed, reproducible bug reports
• Influence key go/no go decisions on mobile and web releases
• Be a champion of quality in every phase of the development process
• 1-2 years of experience in a manual QA role for mobile and/or web applications
• Ability to create test cases, define testing strategies, and identify high risk areas
• Ability to identify and prioritize bugs
• Proficiency in Jira /Confluence
• Obsessive attention to detail and product quality
• Self motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
• Passion for problem-solving and the right attitude/aptitude for learning new technology in a fast paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Curiosity, humility, empathy and open-mindedness
• Familiarity with ZenDesk and Github
• Familiarity with automated testing
• Proven ability to quickly learn new technology and processes
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.