San Francisco /
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 30 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for day-to-day management of GL functions, prepare journal entries and monthly reconciliations, such as credit cards, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, etc
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions
- Review and reconcile company credit cards and expense reimbursements, including collaborating across departments to obtain necessary support
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting close activities
- Analyze expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
- Assist with financial annual audit preparation and readiness, strong documentation
- Assist with tax filings, payroll related and other compliance items
- Assist with financial reports and analyses to various departments and business units
- Other ad-hoc projects, as necessary
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-5 years of accounting experience; public accounting and CPA a plus
- Minimum 2 years of corporate accounting experience (monthly close, journal entries, account reconciliations)
- Experience with an ERP system required (such as NetSuite), Accounts Payable systems (Bill.com) and expense management software experience
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel, comfortable with managing monthly schedules, MS Office
- Highly detail oriented and organized, and ability to work within tight deadlines to ensure the timely completion of the monthly close process
- Ability to logically and systematically document records with strong attention to detail
- Self motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
- Comfort with ambiguity, and an instinct for moving quickly
- Humility, empathy and open-mindedness - no egos
- Prior experience working at a startup
- Experience in public accounting, CPA/CA, and strong understanding of ASC 606
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technology and processes
Our Commitment to You:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity.
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits + a monthly stipend for wellness expenses.
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month off to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Remote employee equipment stipend to create a great remote work environment.
- Annual continuing education stipend.
- Discounts on subscription and merchandise for you and your friends & family.
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional.
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.