AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world, reaching 50 million people a year through alltrails.com, Google Play, and the App Store. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from a community of 10 million+ registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-10 app in Health and Fitness and has been downloaded by over 20 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing
AllTrails is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to help build our Controllership function. You will be responsible for driving our month-end close processes and reporting, maintaining compliance across the organization, financial reporting, and taking our accounting function to the next level.
• Assist with financial operations of company, including management of payables, T&E, payroll, and benefits
• Manage accuracy of our accounting sub-ledgers (cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable and fixed assets) and general ledger
• Drive month-end close processes
• Consolidate monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages
• Direct audit process and provide supporting documentation as needed
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Administration of cap table, including processing and record-keeping of option grants, tax compliance, and reconciliation of Carta
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
• Provide technical accounting support and work papers
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures, and support transition from Quickbooks to new ERP
• Work closely with external vendors, software providers, and consultants
• BA/BS degree in Accounting with a CPA
• 4+ years of total experience
• Public accounting experience
• Strong working knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
• Previous experience working with external auditors, general ledger functions, and month end close processes
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Quickbooks
• Must be proactive, organized, attentive to detail, and able to work in a fast paced environment
• Passion for the outdoors
• Humility, empathy and open-mindedness
• SaaS experience
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED