San Francisco /
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 30 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
As a Product Manager for Tools and Programs, you will drive products critical to the effective operation of the AllTrails platform and help with international expansion. This includes building relationships with internal user groups; influencing the product strategy and roadmap; gathering support to make informed build-vs-buy decisions; collaborating with Engineering and the International Strategy Managers to produce specifications that evolve the platform’s feature set; and working closely with Engineering to ensure quality deliverables on time.
Ideal candidates for this role will have a desire to identify, measure, and solve user pain points as well as an enthusiasm for implementing features that enable efficiency and scalability, ultimately driving bottom-line growth. You should have experience working closely and independently with engineers, business stakeholders, and third-parties to bring ideas to life.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Help define the product strategy for new core strategic initiatives, specifically focusing on Internal Tools, International and Marketing Programs
- Deeply understand our users and their needs, and help guide our world-class team to produce and ship remarkable product experiences
- Offer data-driven insights about user engagement and propose features that have a meaningful positive impact on operational efficiency
- Drive planning and execution for your roadmap from inception to launch and iteration, clarifying scope, removing blockers, and anticipating risk
- Facilitate collaboration and alignment across engineering, operations, design, marketing, QA, data science and customer support
- Provide transparency and predictability of initiatives to stakeholders
- 3-5 years of experience building and shipping high quality products, ideally in a B2C environment
- Proven history of converting learnings from customer insights into tangible product features that customers love
- Experimental mindset and use metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
- Highly collaborative team player who excels at building cross-functional consensus with an instinct for moving quickly
- Self-driven, strong sense of ownership and highly organized with a proven ability to prioritize and execute on multiple concurrent initiatives
- Passionate about working with other business partners to solve their specific challenges while putting the customer and experience first
- Creative problem solver adept at navigating through ambiguity and making data-driven decisions
- Lead prioritization and trade-offs between schedule, performance, and cost while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
- Strong technical acumen, quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- A natural, deep curiosity that drives you to learn, investigate, constantly ask why
- Humility, empathy and open-mindedness - no egos
- Startup experience or experience working at a company that has scaled quickly
- Familiarity with marketing tools including Braze and Branch
- Experience with Chartio, Amplitude, Jira, Confluence, Coda, and Github
- Experience building internal tools
- International experience a plus
- Passion for the outdoors
Our Commitment to You:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity.
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits + a monthly stipend for wellness expenses.
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month off to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Remote employee equipment stipend to create a great remote work environment.
- Annual continuing education stipend.
- Discounts on subscription and merchandise for you and your friends & family.
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional.
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.